Chris Farley : Movies Chris Might Have Done?

Movies Chris Might Have Done?

I've wondered for a while now, which movies would Chris have been in, had he lived? I'm not talking about movies that he was almost in while he was alive like "The Cable Guy" "Kingpin" and "Shrek", but movies that came after his lifetime. For instance what about Kevin James' role in "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry"? Since he was good friends with Sandler I think he would have at least been offered the role. Plus, had he been in it, it would have been his third movie with Dan Aykroyd. What about you all? Which movies do you think he would have done?

---------------------------------------
Get out of the WHEY! - Dr.Cheese (Santa Barbara,1987)

Re: Movies Chris Might Have Done?

Definitely Grown Ups this summer. The Kevin James role in that was definitely a Chris Farley role (and would have reunited all the SNL cast members from that era). Heh, maybe Kevin James' entire career would've been Chris Farley's (Paul Blart: Mall Cop, Hitch ect.)

Farley would've also at least cameo'd in all of Adam Sandler's movies. I also think we would've seen his dramatic side in the Fatty Arbuckle movie he was planning to do. Who knows where that might've led his career had he lived.

+1 about Grown Ups.

I can also imagine him doing some cameos or co-starring with one of the "Frat Pack"; Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller, Steve Carrel like "Old School", "Anchorman" for example.

I don't agree. Loved Farley and yes it would have been a great SNL reunion had he lived but I think James fit the role very well and it was tailored for his humor and not Farley. Not to say that it couldn't have been written for Farley but it's not like Sandler was just filling in a fat guy for a fat guy. Him and James have worked on quite a few things together and continue to so why wouldn't he have him in it? Sandler is very loyal to his 'troupe'.

If he did Paul Blart I might have actually watched it. Just from the trailers I didn't care to see it but if I place him into those trailers it's like the movie goes from feeling childish and stupid to being a riot.

I don't know if I'd count Shrek as him being almost in while he was still alive when he only recorded some dialogue and died 4 years before it was released.

I think about this all the time with actors who died what they might have done. I'm pretty sure he would have been in Grown Ups instead of Kevin James. It would have been awesome to say the least. Who knows what else. I read on Wikipedia that he was developing a Matt Foley movie with David Spade which would have been cool too.

Dragonzord! Mastodon! Pterodactyl! Triceratops! Saber Toothed Tiger! Tyrannosaurus!

The Matt Foley movie would have been awesome!

David Spade said he was supposed to do another movie with Chris.

Actually, his work on Shrek was almost complete with a different story line. His brother, Tom, has said he recorded about 95% of the dialog. They scrapped everything because the character was written very much for Chris.

it would be interesting to hear chris farleys recordings of shrek. They should have put it on the dvd.

The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody *beep* with the Jesus.

I have hope that he would've moved to more dramatic roles like he wanted so desperately to do.

However, look at any of the movies that star Kevin James with the guys Chris was with on SNL. Basically, they just replaced him with Kevin James, which is like taking away ice cream and giving us horse manure.

I think he would've had big breakout roles after Shrek where he could get the chance to do more than just "Fat guy falls down"

Dr. Cynic Has Spoken

Call me crazy, but I highly doubt that Kevin James is looking upon comments such as "he is Chris Farley's successor" and "he's merely taking over for Farley" as a COMPLIMENT...

Maybe Jack Black would of had a less prominent comedic career. I could see Farley in almost any Jack Black role.

This is the place where I'd be sucked straight to Hell- if I believed in Hell.

Basically, they just replaced him with Kevin James, which is like taking away ice cream and giving us horse manure.

i agree only to the point of the replacement. it's a bit extreme on the comparison. i would say they took away ice cream and gave us rice cakes. kevin james is pretty well bland in comparison. james is definitely taking up some of the rolls that farley would have occupied.

Go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I would've loved to see him play Jonathan Winters character in a remake of it's a mad mad mad mad world XD

I would have liked to see him in Rat Race.

I loved Chris Farley, but who knows what would have happened.

His four starring roles of Tommy Boy, Black Sheep, Beverly Hills Ninja, and Almost Heroes were basically the same character. I wonder if people would have gotten sick of it by now. You know? Pauly Shore could only play one role and look at what happened to him?

He was good friends with Adam Sandler and so I don't think he would have turned out like Pauly Shore. I think he would have had minor roles in all of Adam Sandler's movies. But people may have gotten sick of him and he may have turned out like Rob Schneider. Rob Schneider is good as a side character but he wasn't a good lead character in any of his movies. Chris may have turned out like that.

Not many comedian actors have the long and successful career that Adam Sandler enjoys. Chances are he wouldn't have been as big as Adam. I think he would be somewhere above Rob Schneider's popularity.

He definitely could have done Paul Blart: Mall Cop. He couldn't have done Hitch, though. Although Kevin James wrote Paul Blart, so Chris wouldn't have starred in it anyway.

He would be great in Nacho Libre. Maybe Shallow Hal but maybe not.

He would be great in Rat Race.

To me, most of his movies couldn't have been done by anybody else and I think that some of his movies were written specifically for him. For example, I couldn't picture anybody else doing Beverly Hills Ninja.

I think that if Chris Farley had still been alive there would have been different movies that came out that he would have starred in. Definitely some movies would have been written for him and since he died they weren't ever done because nobody could replace chris.

I agree that a lot of the Farley-esque roles are interchangeable with Jack Black's movies. Not entirely true, but true enough. There's a deeper dramatic tone to Farley in Tommy Boy that I don't think Jack Black could pull off. And I'm not sure about whether or not Black has the heart that Farley had for his fellow actors. Farley for known for giving other performers the credit over himself.

I don't see anything in Kevin James that I saw in Farley. James is a little bland in my opinion.

It's funny you mention Pauly Shore since the producer of Bio-Dome was the same producer for Beverly Hills Ninja.

As for his past movies, other than the ones where he played a security guard, they all seem to embody a specific character-actor so I think there are movies that we'll never see that he could've been great in.

That's true about him giving other performers credit. He could have taken full credit for Matt Foley all for himself and hardly anyone would have known, but he freely acknowledged on Conan that Bob Odenkirk wrote the original Second City sketch.

I also love how Al Franken and others have said Chris always showed great respect for anyone from the early days of SNL, and never used the show's legacy as a stepping stone. He would be so proud whenever he wore a costume in a sketch 5b4 that had been worn by Belushi or Aykroyd.

I totally agree that Chris would have been great in rat race. I didn't follow all of his career. Wasn't a SNL or 2nd Cit fan. But sitting at the moment watching I am Chris Farley.

I think too he would have had a good career but it would not be the roles that Kevin James has done or jack black. He's type of comedy is different then theirs. I would say the only ones who had his type of comedy (as making fun of yourself, tho I think that didn't help his self esteem or some slapstick type comedy) would be Abbott Costello (he's the closest) and early jerry lewis. But chris's comedy has a stronger sense to Mr costello. I loved Beverly Hills ninja.

RIP Chris. You and your fellow comedians are probably keeping everyone in heaven in stitches. Could imagine him with robin, Jonathan winters, john belushi, john candy and more. That's a comedy act I can't wait to see. Oh I just thought of someone he would have had fun with - charlie chaplin. Just thinking of it makes me smile.

how can you alll compare jack black and kevin james with chris farley? chris farley should of been in a horror movie atleast... maybe the step dad or the new texas chainsaw massacres to add some funny to the mix.. you can't put jack black and them in the same category, chris is just too funny and wild.... some seth rogen movies would be good to see him in too to add funnyness.... seth rogen and chris farley in a police chase in pineapple express? that would just be crazy as hell

He was supposed to be in Benchwarmers

I think that Jack Black pretty much took over Farleys career. Black would probably still be around, but I think that much of his work could have gone to Farley. I actually came on here, because, for some reason, this morning I suddenly started thinking about what it would be like of Farley had been in Tropic Thunder instead. It almost seems Farleyesque.

www.madmanoz.blogspot.com

Chris could've been Curly in the new 3 Stooges movie!! He would've been great in that role!

He could've also maybe played the Skipper in a new Gilligan's Island movie but John Goodman might be better for that.

BTW, Chris' funniest movie was probably Almost Heroes but he was funny in Tommy Boy too.

I doubt Chris Farley would be in Peter Jackson's King Kong.

all this Kevin james talk and no King of Queens mention? I think Chris would have done well in that role.

"The way I see it everybody's a jerk. You, Me, This jerk"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Funny no one mentioned Austin Powers, I think he fits right into those movies.

could have definitely seen him in the wedding singer....they would have made a part for him

ur the king chris, its not right that you are gone...i lived by ur movie quotes back in the day and when i heard u died it really hurt, i was 12 and watched tommy boy over and over

rest in piece

jooohnnnn hancock? its herbie hancock ayeeeee!!!

Post deleted

I could see him as Fat Bastard in the Austin Powers movies.

^Exactly. I was going to say that but you beat me too it. That would have been perfect for him if he was willing to handle those fat jokes. The role was pretty much an extension of Myers's Scottish voice he did on SNL with a weight suit. If Chris could have pulled that voice off he would have been solid.

I can see him and Sandler doing some films down the line. Spade IDK but probably at least one more. I could see Chris doing a dramatic film here or there to see if he could do it.

Post deleted

Something tells me he would of eventually got into doing Dramas.

In the words of George Takei, "Oh My!"

I definitely would have seen him doing a bunch of Adam Sandler movies. He probably would have definitely tried dramas since he desperately wanted to rid himself of the "fatty falls down" label. I definitely could have seen him as Josh Gad's role in Pixels. But I definitely could have seen Farley in the roles for Kevin James and maybe just written slightly different.
It's just ashamed that his life ended up the way it did because he definitely had the potential to last a while in Hollywood. It might have taken him a little bit longer than what he would have liked to have becom 5b4 e a really bankable star probably but I think he could have made it. He was a man that left this earth way too soon.

I just found this thread.

I don't know if there are any Game of Thrones fans on this forum, but I firmly believe he would have been perfect as Wyman Manderly if he could have pulled off an English accent.

Pretty much any Jack Black or Kevin James run-of-the-mill comedy. After he died, they became the go-to funny fat guys in Hollywood.

Though he couldn't have done School of Rock as well as Black because he's not a real musician, I can see him in Nacho Libre or Orange County.

He'd fit right in James' place with the Grown Ups cast, populated by many of his SNL castmates. And he'd do things like Here Comes the Boom and Paul Blart movies.

I think I remember seeing a theatrical trailer for a David Spade buddy comedy, pairing him with a different fat guy, an obvious replacement in a role written for Farley. But looking at Spade's filmography, there's motnig shortly after Chris' death that matches that, so maybe my memory is wrong or the movie was never released.

_______
The sun is shining... but the ice is slippery.