Laura Dern : READ: Laura Dern wants IMDB to correct her age

READ: Laura Dern wants IMDB to correct her age

Laura Dern now claims that she's only 45 years old…NOT 47.

She claims she was born on Feb.10th 1969…NOT on Feb.10th 1967
(IMDB and Wiki date).

Then she would have been only 23 years old in "Jurassic Park"…
Ms.Dern, with all due respect, I really don't buy that.

Somebody is lying here and it might not be IMDB…

Does anyone have links to some reliable proof-of-age for Ms. Dern ?

Laura Dern on Wild, The Fault in Our Stars and IMDb Lying About Her Age

VARIETY, October 13, 2014

Did you think you were too young to play Reese Witherspoons mom in Wild?
Dern: We all did, which was really good news for my ego. Were six years apart. Dont check IMDb, because they are wrong about my age, and I think they are probably wrong about hers too. Its so insane that everybody goes by IMDb.

By how many years are they off?
Dern: Only by two, but it means a lot. They have that Im 47. Im going to be 46, people. Im really pissed. Weve got to change that. But anyway, Im even closer to Reeses age than people might think if they read IMDb.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/laura-dern-wild-the-fault-in-our-sta%20%20%20%20rs-1201328706/">http://variety.com/2014/film/news/laura-dern-wild-the-fault-in-our-sta rs-1201328706/

Re: READ: Laura Dern wants IMDB to correct her age

I read this interview and this really surprised me was the extent of not whether to believe it. She looks much older in Jurassic Park.

I'm sorry, can you rearrange the nouns and verbs and add some punctuation, please? Anything that might help me understand what your post says… Thanks

She might have always been mature looking, but she's not that old of a girl.

She's completely full of crap. If she was born in5b4 1969, she would have just been turning 10 when she was shooting Foxes. She's claimed in the past she was 14 then and lied and said she was 17 but they found out and wouldn't cast her in one of the main roles but gave her a smaller role. If you look at her in Foxes, she's already got the figure of a teenager. She also had a very public relationship with Kyle Maclachlan during and after Blue Velvet which, if she was born in 69 would have meant she was underage.

I found a People Magazine interview with her from early 1985 where they cite her as being 18, so I guess this has been a 30 year habit of people lying about her age.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20090553,00.html

Her mother has been lying about her age for about 30 years. Admittedly Diane Ladd was not born in 1932 but 1935 (public records show). Ladd claims she was born in 1942 and moved to New York when she was 16. It seems her daughter is following this also. Who cares at the end of the day, people will go out of their way and make judgments on you and your age. Why make such an effort to hide this?

People Magazine 1985 claims she was born in 1967. She claims herself she was 7 when she was on the ALICE DOESN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE set. She was born in 1967.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20090553,00.html">http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20090553,00.html.

Wouldn't it be 1970 if she said that she and Witherspoon are only six years apart? But yeah, I don't buy it. There's no way she's, what, 15 when she made Blue Velvet. What's the point of lying when you have famous parents? Still love her.

It's an ordinary high school day. Except that it's not.

Most sources/interviews say 1967, and I believe that one. She would've been about seven in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, and she appears that age in the brief shot.

Let's say no to homophonia. We all sound the same inside.

Did you think you were too young to play Reese Witherspoons mom in Wild?
Dern: We all did, which was really good news for my ego. Were six years apart. Dont check IMDb, because they are wrong about my age, and I think they are probably wrong about hers too. Its so insane that everybody goes by IMDb.

By how many years are they off?
Dern: Only by two, but it means a lot. They have that Im 47. Im going to be 46, people. Im really pissed. Weve got to change that. But anyway, Im even closer to Reeses age than people might think if they read IMDb.

2 years? that is really nothing. making such a big deal about it kind of makes her look desperate. that is not flattering at any age.

If you search CaliforniaBirthIndex.org, 02.10.1967 is listed as her DOB. Thus, the California Office of Health Information and Research, who compiles this database from birth certificate abstracts (which is public information in that state) suggests IMDB and Wikipedia are correct and she is not being truthful. (Her mother's name in their recordb68s is listed as Ladner, which is what wikipedia lists as the spelling of her mother's birth name, as opposed to Ladnier listed on IMDB. A side note, but this info does confirm it is the listing for the correct Laura Dern.)

I'm not sure why she would even try to lie about her age given that (a.) information is so readily available on the internet these days from reputable sources (like state agencies/offices); and (b.) birth records for those born in California are public information/publicly available. So, it's not difficult to prove her birth date. She's pretty bold (or perhaps just not very smart) if she's claiming the CA Office of Vital Records has her birth year wrong.

It all just makes her look pathetic.

And I actually think she looks old even for having been born in 1967.

Her birth record is listed on Ancestry.com and familysearch.org too. She was born in 1967. You can find anything for free on familysearch.org too.
The Divine Genealogy Goddess

I thought she was in her late 50s. She looks nuts for debating this.

I used to lie about my age, but only because I got tired of people telling me how they thought I was much younger. Even now, people think me to be a good 10-13 years younger than my actual age. But I tell the truth now because I don't want to scare people in four years when i hit 40 and might just look my age (most young looking people look their age by 40).

As for her. WTF? She looks and always did look much older than her actual age. This is some really bad insecurity.

You folks act as though a woman lying about her age has never happened before. ;-)

The worst thing that ever happened to the movies was when some pretentious twit decided they should be art.