Jeff Bridges : Didn't age so well

Didn't age so well

Does anyone else think that this guy didn't really age so well? IMO, he used to be hella hot. Then he gained a whole bunch of weight, and stopped shaving and cutting his hair. Oh well, I'm sure he'll still clean up really nicely

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Didn't age so well

Well, That's, your opinion man!

Hahahahah

'Sooner or later... you really wear that suit'

He did gain weight for 'Crazy Heart' and grew a beard and everything but it was only for the role. He does look better without a beard so hopefully he'll shave it soon!

He is 60 years of age LOL.

There has always been these theory for Jeff Bridges film.

Jeff Bridges looking smart, tidy, film flops.

Jess Bridges looking scruffy, grungy, film is a hit!

Its that man again!!

Jeff Bridges stated on Oprah after oscar appearance that he was leaving immediately with the Coen Brothers to film True Grit. His hair,beard and weight are probably for that role. He is taking the John Wayne role. I also prefer him clean shaven.

Well he looks good here

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/zz3eca5e90.jpg

OH WAIT... THATS CGI ! LOL

Post deleted

That picture is taken from the new TRON Legacy movie. From the look of it, his younger face is CGI placed onto a stand-in's face. Check the trailer you'll see the scene the picture is taken from.

I kind of prefer his non cgi face...this one looks like a young dude looking old...where the real jeff looks like a laid back 60 year old guy looking like a...60 year old.

Sure it did; It may have very well been the first major movie to employ such technology.

That pic was from the new Tron movie, BUT, CGI did exist when the original was made. In fact, Tron was a pioneer of extensive use of CGI. Master Control Program? Light Cycles? There was CGI all over the place. 15 minutes of CGI, in fact. That was a really idiotic comment on multiple levels.

was u being sarcastic as it was lol

CGI did exist in TRON [1982], although that was about the first and (then-)only movie in which it existed. And it was all over the place, all over most of that whole movie!

In the above-posted pic, that's from TRON's sequel, TRON: Legacy [2010]. And the face is CGI, put over the face of a stand-in. How else could it be done that Jeff Bridges could be in appearance de-aged nearly 30 years?

--
Decent people shouldn't post here. They'd be much happier posting somewhere else.

Post deleted

I hafta say he looked incredible as Obadiah Stane in Iron Man.
The bald thing really worked for him :D

"I rather have a bottle in front of me than have to have a frontal lobotomy"

I think he's hotter now and I love that he and his wife have been married so long. Strikes me as a nice down to earth guy too.

I've yet to see Crazy Heart though.

He´s still incedibly handsome in my opinion.

I agree very sexy to think he is still married to the same woman after a long marriage.

He obviously is not shallow like most men of his generation trading in the wife for a younger model.

If it harms none, do what thou wilt.

I agree very sexy to think he is still married to the same woman after a long marriage.

This! And he is still plenty handsome. Something appealing about him as Bad Blake--especially after he got sober.

I think he should've shaved off his beard in the end of Crazy Heart, but kept the longer hair--a slightly altered appearance to go with his new life, but nothing drastic.

"It's like living in a house full of Howie Mandels"

Post deleted

Well, he didn't look particularly good in "Crazy Heart", but I thought that was the point. Besides that, he aged pretty well, I don't see anything wrong with the way he looks today.

Here's a recent photo:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1g1f10WXt1qbdwtdo1_400.jpg

He looks good. You can't expect him to look like a 25 year old, but he's doing fine. There's something about the guy that makes him great.

As for the weight, hair and beard, it's not the sign of an old age. Personally, I like to see a man with a long hair (beard can go), and there's nothing wrong with being chubby.

ha i was thinking the same thing, he doesnt look very good with the weight and the scruffy beard and all that. im a guy but even i can see that back in his 80's heyday, he was attractive.

Well, personally, I find his two most attractive characters to be Starman and the Dude. One of them is a hot, 80s heyday character, and another one is the unkempt stoner, and he was almost 50 in that movie.

would his role in fabulous baker boys be considered "scruffy/unkept"?

In a way, yes. I'm not so crazy about the 80s hairstyle, but he looked 5b4 fine. The same could be said for "The Fisher King" look, and he was over 40 in that movie.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1ik1yBzAZ1qbg9xgo1_250.jpg

All in all, I think he's doing fine, and btw, his long marriage definitely makes him a better man in my book.

I've known Jeff since I worked with him on Tron. Nice guy, who cares what he looks like! btw brownish33 kma, we don't need hateful conservatives like you!

'Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.'

- John Stuart Mill

This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here.

Nah, I think he's aged very well(with a sort of handsome distinction befitting an older man)(I honestly think he looks quite good/graceful for his age).

Post deleted

Jesus, you people are shallow.

i reckon he's lookin pretty good for a guy about to turn 61. in fact, i'd quite happily say i hope i look and handsome and cool as him when i'm that age.

Simpson 10, terrorists 8

He's 60 years old.. What age is he suppose to lose his hotness?

He looks wonderful, no doubt in my mind, he looks real, handsome, and he has a radiance which age will never diminish. Way to go, Jeff Bridges.

Post deleted

I think he had to keep the beard and weight gain for his movie True Grit. He said on Oprah the day after the Oscars that he was leaving the next day to start shooting with the Coen Brothers.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Well, he does look a little older than 60 or that may be the Buffalo Bill-look he's been sporting lately, but I still think he looks incredible and much like his dad also. (And needless to say one of the best actors in Hollywood.) Acutally, I've just seen the Tron Legacy trailer and am amazed how they "youthed" him up for his computer generated character. I guess they can do all kinds of tricks in films nowadays.

Anyway, the Dude abides.

He's over 60!

Who looks as good at 65 as they do at 20?

This is just stupid.

I don't understand how you possibly could say that. He've aged really well. Taking roles that fits his approach. Like "Crazy heart". He is still a rocker, he is still "the dude", so to speak. But he can also play "plain old guys", like he did in "Iron Man". He is like a really nice whisky ... not exactly fresh, but defenetly something with the age.

Dream big. Live the life.

Op, I don't know what you are talking about. Jeff Bridges looks fantastic now. He has aged very well. He is even more handsome than he was when he was younger.

I was actually just wondering the opposite. He's like fine wine, that man.

'Sooner or later... you really wear that suit'

He's SIXTY for crying out loud. How many people do you know who look "great" at 60?

My father looks great and he's 67, I wish more than anything that the same will be true for me.

Age has nothing to do with it. You could look great at any age. Only because you don't look great at your age, that doesn't mean everyone looks like the bride of Frankenstein.

Dream big. Live the life.

Post deleted

If he'd get rid of the facial hair he would look much younger.

I agree, the beard is very aging on him. Jeff, maybe you should work out a bit and eat a couple salads, just say'in.

http://awards.omg.yahoo.com/photos/126-nominees-snubs-and-surprises?nc#OmgPhoid=6

So true, he was clean-shaven on Jimmy Fallon and he looked ten years younger than he did with a beard.

He's aged EXTREMELY well.. Looks young for his age, and he hasn't lost ANY hair..

He looks amazing. I'm a 41 year old woman and I'd take him at his age any day over most of the pretty men my age (no clue about the generation below me). Kurt Russell is right there with him. Both are smoking! Clean shaven or bearded. Solid men.

And I'll second the notion that Mel aged horribly. Poor guy.

Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Yeah, why can't be as hot as most other 61 year olds?

Dude has a full head of hair, which is more than a lot of men young enough to be his son can say.

Looking good for 61 years old.

I think the beard is hiding a bit of a double chin. Ha, ha on the lisp and the dentures.

The most attractive thing about him is he's stayed with his wife, that's quite an accomplishment in Hollywood.

I met him in person one time and he was really odd, but now that I know more about him maybe it was just his way of not letting people hit on him which would preserve his marriage, and/or keeping the movie extras at bay.

Love Jeff Bridges roles in:Tron Legacy
The Men Who stare at Goats
the movie where he played th 111c e Dude