John Travolta : Wicked *beep* up

Wicked *beep* up

Idina Menzel. Let's repeat this name.

Re: Wicked *beep* up

He said "Adele Dazim"!! WTF That should be a new artist name!

I don't understand how he could have butchered her name that badly. lmao

Didn't he have a teleprompter to read5b4 off of? How do you screw that up so badly? As they say, "You had one job." That was worse than when he mangled the pronunciation of Les Miserables last year. Seriously, they need to stop letting that guy up on stage.

I'm stunned because these award shows are rehearsed several times before it goes live on television. How the hell was he not corrected during rehearsals? Adele Dazim sounds like a character from the hit series Homeland.

ROTFL @ "Adele Dazim sounds like a character from the hit series Homeland."

OMG, too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just read the article on this gaffe and came here to find out if it was some kind of "inside joke." As another poster mentioned, I thought they had rehearsals before these shows go live. Regardless, it's incredibly disrespectful (and maybe ethnocentric) to not take the time to learn how to pronounce someone's name, especially someone receiving an award for the evening.

I don't understand how he could make that mistake. Maybe it was on the teleprompter? What he said was so far off, her first name is unusual, at worst he could have said eye-deena, but menzel is no way near dazim ????? I look forward to someone asking him and getting his answer.

It was certainly the most memorable moment of the ceremony. https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/data.filmboards/images/emoticons/laugh.GIF" alt="laugh.gif">. I understand he has dyslexia, but all stars have handlers and assistants to pr5b4ep them properly. Knowing that her name might have been a struggle for him, surely someone went over it phonetically with him.

That hair piece of his was even worse, lol!

I'm interested to see that the pitch black fuzzy-50's-Ken-Doll hairpiece is now growing out! Into a longer pitch black hairpiece! That sucker perched on his head certainly stands right out, doesn't it!

It was legendary, as was the wig.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Didn't be prepare beforehand? Even still, reading her name from the autocue wouldn't make a sane person pronounce it like that.

Here's my review of the oscars ceremony and Travolta's disastrous frick-up:
http://thecherrypop.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/review-the-86th-academy-awards-2014/">http://thecherrypop.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/review-the-86th-academy-a wards-2014/

Just saw the clip.

Wow, what an absolute dumbass.

Hey son! Over here! I'm over here. At the banyan trees.

Ancestry.com revealed the Crypt Keeper's nephew as John Travolta. John's face was so pulled back, he couldn't even correctly pronounce Idina Menzel's name!

He is a veteran actor of over 30years! He should know better! Wow this was hilarious and embarrassing.

He's the real life Dr. Steve Brule.

it was the "wickedly" part that threw him off, but still She's a super famous broadway actress, and he said wicked and "one and only," I thin somebody is getting fired, or his brain was thinking of something else, why his mouth was saying something else, and then they tried to meet in the middle, but it was going to far left, and they just comprimised on "Adele Dazeem"

Brain: Remember it's an Ah sound even though it's an I
Mouth: Ah..
Brain: Why is she wickedly??
Mouth: Adele…
Brain: No! NO! No! That's not it
Mouth: What do you mean that's not it. where were you?
Brain: Forget it, just don't mess up the last name
Mouth: It's too late it's coming out
Brain: Then Stand in it
Mouth: Azeem!
Brain and Mouth: "Oh boy!!)
*Quantum Leap out*

I'm still laughing. https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/data.filmboards/images/emoticons/laugh.GIF" alt="laugh.gif">https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/data.filmboards/images/emoticons/laugh.GIF" alt="laugh.gif">

Clark's destiny = Superman, LL & LL.

He commented that he's been beating himself over this mistake. The article went on to say that he thinks Idina would tell him to "let it go." Most likely, but I think a gentleman would have called her to apologize directly to her and find out what she actually does say instead of assuming that.

@mjd_subs2 This could start a trend. Instead of the non-apology apology, we can just assume that the other person forgives us. Boom.

Knowing what it's like for people to mess up your name but it's really ridicoulous to be judgemental of someone who mispronounces someone else name. Shouldn't they be the ones complaining rather people who just sit and judge e or act like they have never mispronounced someone's name.

Thank Hell he never got a job as a linguist!

That had to be equally or more embarrassing for her though. I mean, for the guy to not even know her name? The "wickedly talented" introduction means absolutely nothing when the name is butchered like that, he could have thought it was actually somebody else. haha.