Kevin Costner : Just a bit overrated

Just a bit overrated

He's a good actor but most of his movies are average at best.

Re: Just a bit overrated

I totally disagree with you on all accounts.

I totally disagree with you on all accounts.

Good to know.

Would you describe Untouchables, Field of Dreams, No Way Out, Bull Durham, Dances With Wolves, JFK, A Perfect World, The War to be "average at best" ?

If you would, what makes them "average at best" to you ?

I find Kevin totally underrated both as an actor and filmmaker.

Would you describe Untouchables, Field of Dreams, No Way Out, Bull Durham, Dances With Wolves, JFK, A Perfect World, The War to be "average at best" ?

Yep.

You still didn't point out what makes those movies "average at best" to you. Is it the acting, the directing, the script ?

Anyway, different strokes for different folks, I guess ;)

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Everyone has different tastes. I admire Mr Costner enormously, but I really can't say I've seen anything of his that got to me. I didn't understand the hype behind Field of Dreams, and I just slept through the first half of Waterworld. I'm a big JFK conspiracy nut but couldn't get into that film. I watched Dances with Wolves but didn't appreciate that one either, and I don't remember it. While Robin Hood was good it will always be sub-par to Errol Flynn's version, in my opinion.
I'm just really particular about what films I like, I guess, and my tastes are varied. I love Amadeus, and The Ghost and Mrs Muir, Dragonwyk, Charade, and The Alien films... Just to name a few. I don't know why his films don't do it for me because clearly I can handle films that to modern audiences are not intellectually stimulating. I know people that watch his films and are enraptured by them, and that's ok. Peoples opinions aren't going to all be the same

I think you have it the wrong way around, his movies are good but his acting is "averaged at best"!

He's got beautiful lips. His lips are better actors than he is.

cupcake---go get your icing checked. Kevin is the ONLY actor I go see at the movies. No other can ever replace him. He is great in all genres. He is a warm and generous man and he is good to his coworkers. Enough said

He's not so "good" to masseuses. He is a bad man, who uses his celebrity status to try and get whatever he wants.

That is a BARE FACED lie you worm. That never happened. And you are a liar.

Cat got your tongue? What kind of man does this to his wife on their honeymoon? He's a scumbag.

He has several movies that are considered classics and has been working for over 30 years. How many actors can say that?

You nailed it.