Power Rangers : If this theoretically gets a few sequels…

If this theoretically gets a few sequels…

How do you suppose they would they go about doing that? Would they stick to the 'Mighty Morphin' era, or would they start adapting the other eras of Power Rangers like 'Zeo' and 'In Space'?

Re: If this theoretically gets a few sequels…

I'm probably in the minority here, but I personally think they should do a modern adaption of Turbo.

If they don't adapt MMPR storyline I think they might even make an entirely new storyline.

I mean obviously the MMPR elements are the backbone of this reboot, I don't feel they would go with another pre-existing era/season, seems off to me.

#_ IMDB KILLERS _#
film.chat, theGOTboard.com, imdb2.freeforums.net, IMDforums.com, TMDB.org

No. Stick with MMPR. I don't care for any of the stuff that came after. Zero/Turbo/In Space were all ok but stopped watching after In Space. Couldn't get into any of the other seasons.

As much as I would love to see a big screen adaption of In Space or even Lost Galaxy and Time Force (seasons that are considered far superior to MMPR), it'd probably be best if they stick with the Mighty Morphin era. Well, at least for the first sequel because it would make no sense to replace the iconic MMPR image that soon. And considering many fans want to see Tommy as the green ranger in a movie, ignoring his character in a sequel would cause outrage, haha.

Anyhow, I could definitely see them incorporating elements of the seasons that came after MMPR in future movies (if this becomes a hit, that is).

Looks like I'm walking - JW

I agree In Space was great but I think it's more selfish nostalgia reasons I want them to continue MMPR. As a kid I was hooked (7 at the time of 1st season) and the MMPR seasons I watched religiously. I just remember around the time ZEO started I was 10 or 11 and I was growing out of PR at that period, it was either that or I lost track of when it was on tv or maybe I just hated all the changes.
It wasn't until I was in the early 20's when I watched ZEO TURBO IN SPACE properly. Really enjoyed Zeo, Turbo felt flat until the second half of the season and like I said IN SPACE was great. Especially the finale. I've tried to continue watching it and watched a couple episodes of Lost Galaxy, Megaforce etc but couldn't get into it. I don't understand the continuity. Like continuity season to season. I would have preferred they continued the story on from IN SPACE. It's like each series is a reboot (though I could be wrong so If someone can explain it to me that would be great).

It's like each series is a reboot
Well, in case you really don't know, the reason behind that is Power Rangers was/is adapted from the Japanese superhero TV franchise called Super Sentai, which began way back in the 70's. From the very beginning each season of the Japanese series has featured a new team and new powers; for example the SIXTEEN entry in Super Sentai (Zyuranger) was adapted into the original Power Rangers: Mighty Morphin. Moreover, all the seasons and nearly every episode of Power Rangers contains footage from the Sentai shows (all the Zord and many of the costume scenes).

So Mighty Morphin ended in the first place because they decided to start following the Japanese pattern. Although later seasons do make references to the previous Rangers, some of those classic Rangers even returned in Wild Force, Operation Overdrive, and of course Super Megaforce.

Looks like I'm walking - JW

Yeah I know about Super Sentai but thanks for the explanation. So each season of PR is unconnected; in different universes etc? I know Tommy was in Dino Thunder and made a cameo in that Megaforce battle. I think that's what confuses stuff even more as the original crystals were destroyed so I'm always like how are they able to bring him back at the Green Ranger, or Adam as the Black Ranger in one the series, don't know which one, just remember seeing a clip of him morphing.

I would love a movie version of rpm