Power Rangers : No Tommy?

No Tommy?

I don't see his name in the credits, so Tommy isn't going to be in this movie?

Re: No Tommy?

Tommy did not show up at first in the original MMPR. He was the new kid at school a few episodes into season 1 and he was brainwashed by Rita to become evil. she makes him her green ranger and then after a few episodes he is de-brainwashed and becomes a good green ranger.

So probably he will show up in the sequel, if they make it.

So, if they make a sequel with Tommy, that means Rocky, Aisha and Adam will be in it since they weren't in the MMPR until late 1994.

If there is a Tommy in this film, maybe they are waiting until the premiere to announce the casting if he's actually in this.

I have a theory as to what we can expect and why there might be no Tommy in this movie. Rita has the green power coin. That might suggest that she was once a power ranger before going to the dark side. She kept the coin and fused it into her magic wand/scepter. Maybe she'll use it, the coin, and revert back to the green ranger in this movie. But if things don't work out, she can probably run away with the coin in search of another person to use it, in keeping with the "Green With Evil" storyline from season 1. That might pave the way for a sequel which might be confirmed with a mid-credits scene where we meet "Tommy" but without knowing who is going to play him. What do you think? Personally, I can only think of one man to take on the mantle of the green ranger; one man who made that character his own; and that's the same man who lead an army of power rangers in the Super Megaforce finale: Jason David Frank.

With all due respect that's NOT going to happen. I like the idea of Tommy being teased but it WON'T be JDF. They'd need somebody closer in age to the others. As for JDF appearing in a cameo, I would LOVE it BUT, I'm still stuck on that being when this could have been an AVENGERS/BATMAN & ROBIN hybrid of campiness & JDF would walk on screen, right to the center of the shot & stare @ the screen & we'd practically hear the '4th wall' SHATTER (like Pee-Wee in the movie within a movie in PEE-WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE!)

I fell asleep during INCEPTION BUT I FEEL like I still saw it!

Neither Tommy nor Burai were at the very beginning of either show. They both show up later. We meet Tommy not far into Season 1. If this movie has sequels, we'll more then likely see Tommy. I've got a feeling that he'll be in the next Power Rangers movie, if this movie has a sequel and starts a series of movies.

For anyone who wants specifics, Tommy doesn't make his first appearance in the TV show until Episode 17; the first part of the five-part Green With Evil arc, almost a third of the way into Season 1's 60-episode tally.

We all have our problems, some just hide it better.

Pretty certain Tommy and Lord Zedd will show up in the sequel. Where else is there to progress?

I think you're right about that. I know those two guys weren't in the original Power Rangers anyway.

Indeed. As I mentioned before, Tommy first showed up a fair way into Season 1. And Lord Zedd was introduced at the beginning of Season 2.

We all have our problems, some just hide it better.

Tyler Posey-Tommy Oliver
Andy Serkis-Lord Zedd

Trolling PRAreDumber Until IMDB Dies

It's probably for the best. I like both sides so please don't take me as a hater. I don't think that Tommy is necessary. Adam is my favorite power ranger and while I do think there's room for improvement, adding Tommy will divide the movie. But all we can do is wait with bated breath.