Power Rangers : Is anyone else like this?

Is anyone else like this?

I wake up every morning and go straight to the internet in hopes that a new Trailer dropped..

And then I instantly get sad again.
I literally check everyday for this trailer.

I've been very patient as well.. but I definitely was expecting a trailer by now.

So now I'm getting anxious.

Cmon Lionsgate!!!! Legooooooo!!!

Re: Is anyone else like this?

I search for power rangers news circa 30 times a day :(

I second that. Hopefully tomorrow when Monster Trucks comes out like someone else predicted.

I'm slightly obsessed. My wife is very much over it. My kids are excited, but I take it to another level.

a whole family of Power Ranger fans, that's intense dude.

Haha no the wife hates the show. And is only slightly willing to see the reboot. She feels like it might have potential, she's waiting Until the second trailer to decide on joining us at the movies opening night.

Yep.

Me for sure

What we thought was lazy is actually the most brilliant marketing strategy of all. They're draining every drop of anticipation from us by holding out on the second trailer, waiting until we're literally begging for more footage, before finally acquiescing.

That's like the worst and best thing.

Half-Blood 15
After all, tomorrow is another day ~ Gone with the Wind

except marketing is 90% for the general moviegoer. die hard fans like us will go see this movie regardless of what they put out there. what they need to capture with marketing are the people who might not know that there is a movie coming out at all. and so far, theyve dropped the ball on that. fandango released a list of fans' THIRTY most anticipated films of the year, and power rangers wasnt even on it. that just goes to show that people, in general, dont know that a movie is coming out. or if they did, they have forgotten. power rangers isnt the most popular brand out there, which isnt a bad thing, but its well known and well liked enough that you'd think it would place inside the top 30 of an audience poll.

that just shows that the marketing is bad. plain and simple. im a huge fan, and like you am hotly anticipating this film and a new trailer, but as of now the marketing has just been awful

I was mostly being sarcastic.

Half-Blood 15
After all, tomorrow is another day ~ Gone with the Wind

I completely agree with gwave. I find it very bizarre how a second trailer has not dropped yet. People on these boards think the lack of marketing is because Lionsgate has no faith in their product, I think it's the exact opposite. The CEO of Lionsgate said he was very enthusiastic about the movie because the trailer views were 150 million in 48 hours, which is ridiculously naive, considering the views takes into account repeat viewings, and Fant4stic broke a record for trailer views and the movie failed miserably. Lionsgate thinks that they have a guaranteed success on it's hands, so it can sit back and do so little in terms of marketing. They're too stupid to realise the general audience work fulltime, do not spend their time on movie websites, nor do they go and see every movie that comes out and therefore see the trailer for every upcoming movie.

JupiterStorm
» 38 seconds ago (Thu Jan 12 2017 21:07:03) Flag ▼

| Reply |

IMDb member since June 2004

I completely agree with gwave. I find it very bizarre how a second trailer has not dropped yet. People on these boards think the lack of marketing is because Lionsgate has no faith in their product, I think it's the exact opposite. The CEO of Lionsgate said he was very enthusiastic about the movie because the trailer views were 150 million in 48 hours, which is ridiculously naive, considering the views takes into account repeat viewings, and Fant4stic broke a record for trailer views and the movie failed miserably. Lionsgate thinks that they have a guaranteed success on it's hands, so it can sit back and do so little in terms of marketing. They're too stupid to realise the general audience work fulltime, do not spend their time on movie websites, nor do they go and see every movie that comes out and therefore see the trailer for every upcoming movie.

if you honestly think people that are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to market million and hundred million dollar movies are too stupid to realize people have jobs and are not on the net all day, to properly do their job, you sir are the truly stupid...

ITS NOT SPANDEX!!!
-Dr. K

I'm in the same boat as you are.

I never once thought it was lazy, I just have spent the better part of the past 12 years working in a movie theater, and see this kind of this every week. Nothing new nothing out of the ordinary.

Now do I feel that they will do to PR what they did two Dredd? which was two posters one trailer, and then a mobile Dredd vs. Zombies, that had the same trailer attached to it, as the sole point of marketing?

No

they have already shown more interest than that. Dredd is the perfect example of a movie that was great but had no marketing behind it. This has already surpassed that...its just a waiting game on where and when the next trailer drops.

I still feel it will be this month due to the 7/6-3-1 method that they seem to be using, though they could hold out for the super bowl spot, but that is really expensive, and I am not sure if that would be a wise time to drop. Though it would have to be one hell of a trailer to make that spot, well at this point it will have to be one hell of a trailer to make any spot, but especially during the super bowl. Hell the cgi should be 95% complete come super bowl time....soon

ITS NOT SPANDEX!!!
-Dr. K

Collider Movies bought this problem up recently. Both JeremyJahns and Kristian Harloff think that everything is on track and the latter thinks we should wait until the Superbowl to determine whether Lionsgate dropped the ball.