Power Rangers : How many has seen this movie?

How many has seen this movie?

Has there been screenings, or anything yet?
Just to hear from a person, "if this the booomb", or not ;) (

The trailer is really growing on me. And i'm exicted.
It has been a waiting game. And i'm even more exicted, to see the second movie if that happens. The green ranger!!

If I didn't know you.. I would want to hunt you!

Re: How many has seen this movie?

Found this on the superhero hype boards, credit goes to them and comic bookOriginally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
And just in case anyone didn't get a chance to read my findings from a guy on CBM.com that saw the film in an early screening, here's a recap:

- The tone of the movie is similar to Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man in that its "campy" like the show but with serious and tense moments

- He says the film is "alright"
because he likes the mythology expansions used in the movie involving the Morphing Grid, Zords, Rita, Zordon and the like but feels the film is procedural in nature due to the standar origin story formula where the first two acts are used as setup and the third act is where the action largely goes down. He simply preferred that the action based plot kicked off sooner. However he said based on the wrap report, more action may have been integrated into the 2nd act since then.

- The Zords come out from Underwater, due to the Command Center being located there, when called upon

- The design of the Megazord is similar to the toy design but with metallic blue in place of the grey.

- The cockpit of the Zord operates in a way similar to jungle fury where the Zord is "self aware". It has a brain and a heart and in his opinion symbolizes the main theme of the film about the 5 teens learning to work together and bond for a greater cause.

- Due to the central theme, one of Rita's agendas is to cause a riff that would stop them from forming together as a team. I would presume that's why she decides to pick on Trini though the commenter didn't say anything on this matter.

- When asked about how it holds up to other Nostalgia based adaptations like Transfomers and TMNT he said that generally it was on the level of those but had elements that were better (The mythology expansions) and elements that were worse (Goldar).

- He also mention that there is a dynamic in the film between Zordon and Jason in regards to him being a good leader.

- He of course also said The Wrap report is generally accurate about the film

Very very interesting.. hmm..

Found this on the superhero hype boards, credit goes to them and comic bookOriginally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
And just in case anyone didn't get a chance to read my findings from a guy on CBM.com that saw the film in an early screening, here's a recap:

- The tone of the movie is similar to Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man in that its "campy" like the show but with serious and tense moments

- He says the film is "alright"
because he likes the mythology expansions used in the movie involving the Morphing Grid, Zords, Rita, Zordon and the like but feels the film is procedural in nature due to the standar origin story formula where the first two acts are used as setup and the third act is where the action largely goes down. He simply preferred that the action based plot kicked off sooner. However he said based on the wrap report, more action may have been integrated into the 2nd act since then.

- The Zords come out from Underwater, due to the Command Center being located there, when called upon

- The design of the Megazord is similar to the toy design but with metallic blue in place of the grey.

- The cockpit of the Zord operates in a way similar to jungle fury where the Zord is "self aware". It has a brain and a heart and in his opinion symbolizes the main theme of the film about the 5 teens learning to work together and bond for a greater cause.

- Due to the central theme, one of Rita's agendas is to cause a riff that would stop them from forming together as a team. I would presume that's why she decides to pick on Trini though the commenter didn't say anything on this matter.

- When asked about how it holds up to other Nostalgia based adaptations like Transfomers and TMNT he said that generally it was on the level of those but had elements that were better (The mythology expansions) and elements that were worse (Goldar).

- He also mention that there is a dynamic in the film between Zordon and Jason in regards to him being a good leader.

- He of course also said The Wrap report is generally accurate about the film

I have heard rumblings of test screenings out there. Some have especially said that the toys don't do justice to the movie. As for that comment, I'd take that stuff with a grain of salt as with all things. I saw that exact same comment word for word in a YouTube video months ago. If all that came from a test screening regardless if some or most of it is true or not then I'd expect a number of big changes since.

Thank you for this info, however, mentioning the Wrap makes me think twice....😴

What was the runtime of the film?

Unknown info

I am not a big fan of THEWRAP, but I have had a feeling on some of these things, so their may be some legitimacy here. I ultimately like what I hear, and if Goldar is my only really complaint....oh well. Though I have a strong feeling since this goldar is more of the villain of the week, I kinda have a feeling on whats coming...that does suck, but it makes his design change less painful for me

ITS NOT SPANDEX!!!
-Dr. K

I never really expected Goldar to stick around in the long haul or replicate his story arc from the TV show in the long run. If there's going to be a much better developed number 2 to Rita, it may be Tommy Oliver. And if Lord Zedd comes to town and he's just as hands on as Rita is implied to be, then Rita and Zedd would be more than enough for the Rangers.

pretty much agree here

ITS NOT SPANDEX!!!
-Dr. K

I mean this is quite a big cast of main players like your 5 Rangers+Rita+Zordon+Alpha 5 plus secondary characters like their parents and on top of that Tommy Oliver and Lord Zedd with all their respective story arcs. This ain't a TV show or ongoing comic where we can have lots of characters with big story arcs. Movies and TV are different mediums and things need to be handled differentlu. So if you're doing an adaptation, roles do need to be shuffled around to fit the medium.

That said, I'm still hoping Goldar doesn't look like this guy's long lost cousin.

http://marcusgohmarcusgoh.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/marcusgohmarcusgoh-godsofegyptreview-2.jpg