Humphrey Bogart : Sad that the posts are gone

Sad that the posts are gone

That was a sad day when IMDb decided to close its message boards.

Hopefully we can get Humphrey Bogart's page up and going again.

😪 Sad that the posts are gone

Most of the missing pages are for people. Donald Trump had a YUGE board on IMDb that somehow disappeared from the archive. I pointed it out in April 2018. I believe the deleted post in this thread was @nimda's saying film|boards had no control over the archive.

https://www.filmboards.com/board/p/3164883/

[center] [hr] [poll multiple] [s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup]th[/sup] [u] [r] [by][l] 

Re: Sad that the posts are gone

Hopefully more Bogart fans come out.

I'm a fan, but I don't think there's much chance of getting the old posts back now.

I guess not. Still I have fond memories of the many comments and posts made here. This really was a good place to learn about Bogart, his movies, his personal life, etc.

I have a couple of good books about him, and I suppose that will have to do.

There are Facebook groups devoted to Bogart but they're pretty much "Look at this photo!" They post things we've all seen hundreds of times. No discussion groups around though.

I'm not on Facebook, because I'm not really very keen on social media of any sort. It seems like a breeding ground for discontent and depression.

Too bad sometimes it was an unsuccessful 2nd resort to IMDb-ers, like when the site crashed. I think they're on Reddit, too, but the mods can be mean there like they were to me in violin, might have to watch out there. I tend not to be popular there-

🦢 English-Dutch Mother Tongue
christinabarrett.com

You see how that's affecting you? You believe that what those people think about you matters. It doesn't. They're no better than you, and some are probably awful.

I think I was set up not to play violin.

Yea, though, my aunt ^owns^ Facebook. She does not have much to say to me, and she seems to do "a song and dance" about it.

🦢 English-Dutch Mother Tongue
christinabarrett.com

Yeah it certainly can be. These groups are sometimes run by dictators. I got in trouble once for showing a photo of both Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire without their toupees. They were deleted because "It's not how they want to be remembered." Well, Kelly should have been more careful about being photographed at a public event without it.

I also cited that Bogart along with John Wayne, James Stewart, Ray Milland, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Rex Harrison, Bud Abbott, Fred MacMurray and others were all photographed in PUBLIC without their hairpieces, but it was no use.

It's not the same as the old IMDb.

I have a couple of good books about him, and I suppose that will have to do.
Boohoo!!! You're acting like having books written by professionals, with full size glossy pix is not as good as having archives of morons chatting each other up online!

My password is password