Song to Song : Ryan Gosling and Christian Bale?!

Ryan Gosling and Christian Bale?!

YES PLEASE! They are two of my favorite actors(they have been for a long while) so I was so excited to read that they will be in a film together!

Re: Ryan Gosling and Christian Bale?!

Gosling is a milquetoast and Bale is in everything and not all that. My guess is that Malick casts based on funding.

"Tell your hoodlum friend outside.
You ain't got time to take a ride."

i don't know for Ryan Gosling and but for Bale,he's casted because Malick wants to work again with him and Bale wanted to work again him also (Bale was Malick's first idea for THE BURIAL's lead before Ben Affleck)

All they need is Joseph gordon Levitt and they'd have the trifecta of understated talent.

I'm a Cate Blanchett fan myself and I like Gosling and Bale very much. Its really a heavenly cast! I just hope Blanchett has more than one/two scenes but I dont think that'll happen...

The press release makes it sound as though Blanchett will be playing a bigger role in Knight of Cards...but who knows.

They look like a bit imo, may be they can be brothers in this film

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I was talking to a friend 10 minutes ago and I told that I'd love to see Ryan Gosling and Bale in a movie together. And right after I found out of this movie!!!! This must be a great film...

They are accomplished actors no doubt and they will help box office maybe, but please, you people, there is nothing better than unknowns being cast in a Malick film. If he casts them, then they are going to be remarkable. Personally, I'd be far more exited about that.

Re: Ryan Gosling and CThristian Bale?!

I'm hoping for a meaty part for Bennett. Same with Lucas in KoC. I'd love to see both shine among the women.

"there is nothing better than unknowns being cast in a Malick film."

I couldn't agree more.

"Tell your hoodlum friend outside.
You ain't got time to take a ride."

frankly it doesn't matter who he casts ... relative unknown, multiple award winner in the prime of his/her career, washed up, also ran b film actor -- malick makes them all look brilliant. the guy coaxed one of the most emotive, brooding, understated performances i've ever seen out of collin farrell, for crying out loud.

I...drink...your...milkshake! I drink it up!

Christian Bale is my No.1 actor, sexiest man alive and so on, for quite some time now. And few months ago I started noticing Ryan Gosling. I thought how he has that hidden, rough beauty (something like Christian) and how he is an excellent actor. So he became my fave actor among others quickly. And now I can watch two of my fave actors working together with some really great actresses. It's really great.

I just hope this movie will not be only amazing cast having great time and showing nothing. I hope it will rock in every possible way! :)

Both are two of the better actors of their generation but in a Malick film, acting always comes to the pure film making art itself, which is a good thing. Expect to be more impressed with the director than any actor in this feel, even though there are some incredibly talented actors signed up for this and Knight of Cups.

Every aspect of a Malick film is great, and that includes the acting. The performances are uniformly subtle and natural, and are often career bests. Just recently I was far more impressed by Brad Pitt in The Tree of Life than in Moneyball.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.