Scandal : California being a battle ground state??

California being a battle ground state??

Definitely the most unrealistic part of the episode. I know that they were trying to create drama, but a Democrat wouldn't win by only a few thousand votes. And if a Republican was that close to winning they would probably have a sweep of nearly every electorate.

Re: California being a battle ground state??

Makes no sense. They could have easily chosen a state like FL, NC, or NV.

I was gonna say the exact same thing. I understand staying away from Ohio, due to the previous Defiance story line. But they could've easily named a county in one the REAL battleground states. Letting California decide an election works for the likes of "Head of State" starring Chris Rock, but makes no sense in a political thriller TV show

they are a lot of Latinos in california

it's never Joan Van Ark- Marge Simpsons

It's not like this show having nonsensical stories is something new and different.

Maybe they put that in because of Mellie's ties to California (she was the First Lady of that state for several years, supposedly a very popular one, etc. etc.)

Although on a personal note, I lived in California for over 20 years and can't name one CA First Lady during that time (Jerry Brown was the Governor the first 6 years I lived there, and he wasn't married at the time, I have no idea who George Deukmajian (sp?) and Pete Wilson's wives were.)

That's right, the out of touch with reality Hollywood and music industry snowflakes would never vote against their liberal patron buddies. They're only having a ridiculous public cow about the trying to protect all of us temporary immigration ban because it cuts down on the voting pool for the Dems.

it was realistic because Mellie, a female Republican, was a Californian politician, while Vargas was a latino Democrat. California has a lot of latinos, feminists, and what not.

bingo!

I too raised an eyebrow. I guess they want us to suspend our disbelief.