I Dream of Jeannie : Post deleted

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: How did the show end?

You mean Jeannie and Major Nelson. Healy and Jeannie would have been a real twist.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Tony and Jeannie got married in the 11th episode of the final season and the remaining 15 episodes show them as a married couple. The last episode to air was just a normal episode, it didn't really indicate that the show was over. However, there was an episode that kinda wrapped things up (in a dream format) that aired two episodes prior to the final episode. They didn't actually know the show had been cancelled until after they'd finished filming the episodes.

Are you referring to the show were Tony finally reveals to Dr. Bellows that Jeannie is a genie? It became a clip show at that point. Dr. Bellows also told Major Nelson that he has developed the utmost respect for him, but not in a ho yay way. It looked like the perfect ending for the series, but then it was revealed that it was all a dream of Tony.

I did not attach a spoiler alert, because the show is 50 years old.

Yea, that episode. If they had not had Tony wake up at the end and reveal that it was a dream then it would have been a reasonable ending to the show. However, I think they didn't do that because they weren't sure whether they were being cancelled or whether they were getting another season. Larry Hagman only found out the show had been cancelled after he came back from vacation and the security guard at the studio said he was sad to see the show go, so obviously it happened after they'd finished filming everything

The final episode that was aired was My Mast, the Chili King, which was a sort of odd way of finalising everything, so you are right in stating that they didn't know at the time of filming that that would be the last episode. There is a youtube interview with Larry about the time he went back to the studio, like you said, and was confronted with the news. It was a shocking way to find out for all of them. I believe Barbara was fairly depressed for some time after that.

It would have been nice to see a sixth year.

I hate that the show was cancelled. With the new marriage storyline, I think the show could of ran for a few more years and I wish Dr. Bellows could of finally found out the truth about Jeannie.