original airing

syndicated re-runs

cable airings

Videos, DVDs

or other means

Re: Your Introduction to I Dream of Jeannie

Syndicated re-runs

Saw the middle and end of Jeannie and the Secret Weapon thought it was interesting and cute, then I googled the show to see what it was about. After that I started watching online because the TV station were airing season 5. Then decided that the DVDs were an easier option, so I ordered the complete series box set and watched them straight through twice. So it was a pretty fast process

Excellent. Fans come to Jeannie in different ways in different times. And they're still coming on board although in fewer numbers.

I remember watching it during it's original run, although I was probably too young to remember the first couple of seasons. I first saw the pilot in re-runs later, on broadcast TV. Fast forward to a couple of years ago, when it started playing on ME-TV and Antenna-TV, and I fell in love with it all over again (after all, I had not seen it in decades)! I got all 5 seasons on DVD last summer, and have been watching since. It remains my all-time favorite show! :)

The DVDs are the way to go if you are a true fan. The episodes on cable are missing 2-3 minutes for more commercials. Some syndicators even speed up the film slightly!

Indeed the DVDs are the way to go, best bet for viewing them original and unedited.

I grew up with it as after school tv in the 90's syndicated to free-to-air, our free-to-air is pretty good in Aus, cable isn't necessary. I now have the DVDs and love them again and again

Does the show seem dated to you?

it all just depends on what you expect, and that goes for anything. I mean if you expect a show from the 60's to have as much impact and the same comic timing (i'll leave wardrobe out due to period shows coming in, same with social conventions for that matter) then you won't get what you want but if you expect it to be just some light hearted fun then it's really not too bad, it just lacks a little gloss

You seem top be asking more questions than answering. Comic timing is one element but can be universal. The timing in The Dick van Dyke Show in the 60s and MASH in the '70s and even before that, the Jack Benny Radio Shows of the '40s are is just as fresh today.

I watched reruns every now and then growing up, but a few months ago I startedwatching it more.

It was paired with Bewitched in early evenings when it was originally syndicated in the fall of '71. Liked it from the get-go.

That's the way they're often scheduled in syndication,back-to-back. If you don't have access to the DVDs or tapes,then you may never have seen the complete episodes.

I'm sure I haven't.

Original airing, starting in around 1966.

Syndicated reruns in the late 1970s. The NYC channel that broadcast themWNEW Channel 5?ran them on weekday mornings, so I always associate I DREAM OF JEANNIE with summers and/or sick days home from school. I remember GET SMART, THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY, and I LOVE LUCY were also being rerun around the same time on weekday mornings.

Good memories!

Gary

Now IDOJ is often paired with Bewitched in syndication. Never realized there were many more episodes of the latter produced.

Why don't you tell us all this stuff about YOU? huh??

suzycreamcheese RIP Heath Ledger 1979-2008

You're posting in the wrong place. I don't know who or what "SuzyCreamCheese" is,but this is not a Heath Ledger board. Sorry.

I remember watching the last season with my familyI was eight years old, and then of course in syndication.my daughter discovered it when she was five and i made her a Jeanie (5 yr old appropriate) for Halloween

Remember watching it in it's original run from the very first episode.
Born and raised in Florida, and have family in Cocoa Beach. As young kids, we would bike around neighborhoods there, trying to figure out which house was Tony's.

Did the Hollywood set resemble any neighborhoods in and around Cocoa Beach?

I first watched the show during reruns.