Highlander : Post deleted

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Has anyone bought the blu ray 30th Anniversary Edition yet?

I got it. Used to own the Director's Cut R1 dvd. The picture and sound on the 30th anniversary edition looks amazing. I don't think I remember the movie ever looking this good. Also, it has a 2 hour making of documentary which I don't remember being on the US dvd as well, though I think it was on previous UK releases.

"I speak Spanish to God, French to women, English to men, and Japanese to my horse."

Post deleted

I got a review check disc for this about 3 weeks ago, and found the dialogue slightly out of sync within the first 10 mins. I told the PR company and they sent the finished version, but this is exactly the same.

Sometimes it's okay, and sometimes it's out of sync, so it's not a uniform problem.

Was it just badly made at the time? It's been years since I saw it.

Dom Robinson
Editor, http://DVDfever.co.uk

Post deleted

I got around to watching it.

The new interviews are quite good. Lambert as always talks very passionately about the film and the character of Connor MacLeod. Mulcahy talks about how his career started and goes in depth about the production of the film.

The documentary is finally presented in its entirety.
It has the old interview with Lambert from the previous bluray.

The film itself looks very good. The colors are much more vibrant. Aside from the compression issues, you do see a lot more detail. It is a big difference compared to the previous release. The 5.1 audio track sounds much better than the previous release. I havent checked out the 2.0 track yet. It maybe the same one from the previous release, but seeing as how the 5.1 mix is different, the 2.0 mix might also be a little different.

I paid $21 for it from Amazon.

It is a step up from the Immortal Edition bluray but I guess its a matter of preference as to how you prefer the film to look.

Are the wires still visible during the end sequence, or have they been removed in this version?

Thanks.

They are still visible. To go in and remove them would be changing up the movie. I don't think that would go over well with some fans.
Because of the added detail, you now see the stunt doubles faces a lot clearer as well.

Post deleted

I paid attention to see if anything was out of sync, but I didn't find anything to be delayed.

Post deleted