Hyde Park on Hudson : Post deleted

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: MPAA Sickens Me

You are right. With the tragedies in Sandy Hook, the Colorado movie theater, Virginia Tech and so on, it is so frightening how callous the MPAA is towards movie violence. Young people of today are overexposed to violence in entertainment and do not quite grasp how horrible and wrong it is to punch someone in the face or even worse to shoot somebody.

Violence is often sci-fi/horror when it's done in an over the top ridiculous or make-believe way, war violence that usually has some righteous result of killing others or at least to prevent greater unjustifiable violence, or murder explained in a clinical manner caused by mental abnormalities. But I really don't buy any of those bullsh't excuses it's still seeing someone die that influences a kid, at least me growing up.

Sex on the other hand is necessary, natural, and not appalling if "done right". As irresponsible and idiotic as parents can be about lying to their kids about violence they're aware that sex can't be spun in many deterring ways. Not to mention something their daughter or son can engage in with pretty much no effort and little guilt.

Maybe it's because Americans would probably find it so sacrilgious to see one of their greatest Presidents getting a handjob, they'd consider it too much for younger viewers to handle.

People are indoctrinated into thinking FDR was a great President, but the man did nothing but promote his own political agenda at the cost of prolonging the Great Depression indefinitely. All of America's financial problems of today have their root in FDR's New Deal and Social Security program. If it wasn't for the massive munitions manufacturing for the war effort that put millions of Americans back to work, there's no telling how long the Great Depression would have lasted. But I digress.

Post deleted

As if your rant is based on proven facts? Don't forget, the Depression was over 3 years old when he took office.

The rant might have been out of place but he didn't state that FDR's policies caused the Great Depression. If you do a simple google search, you'll find several reports, articles, and, yes, opinions that state the same thing. Either way, if you believe Social Security is a good, viable, program that will be available to Gen X, Gen Y or any subsequent generation, you haven't been paying attention. The problem is, and this also applies to the LBJ's Great Society, is that they set up programs that have bankrupt us and put our entire nation into a spending pattern that we will have difficulty getting out of. It's sad that so many of us think that the New Deal was a great intellectual marvel that saved this nation and that anyone who has attempted to come up with new ideas since were a threat to this magnificent pinnacle in American economics...keep thinking that way until you try to get your government goodies only to realize there are none left. And btw, realize that government handouts are nothing more than a large unaccountable entity deciding what to do with money that private citizens make and are forced to give to this behemoth we call the Federal Government.

The only thing wrong with SS is that our politicians don't have the guts to do 2 things: raise the retirement age and the pay-in, or FICA taxes. I don't rubber stamp the New Deal, and some of FDE's policies were not effective. But there are two things that these blame-FDR-for-the-Depression types seem to ignore. The Depression started over 3 years before he took office & the whole world was suffering all the way up to WW ll.

The stock market crashed three years before he took office, the depression was at it's worst in 1933, his second year as president, and lasted up until, the war. It wasn't this little thing that came and was gone in a week and a half.

Oh really, I thought the Great Depression only lasted a couple months?
FDR took office in January 1933

You said the depression was over three years before he took office, having officially begun in late October 1929, that would have made it a very short affair.

FDR was elected in 1932, and sworn in March 4, 1933. I own up to my mistake saying he was already in office a year. The economy was still in very bad shape in the late 1930's and it took World War II to turn things around.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/1930s/p/greatdepression.htm

that's america for you.

Post deleted

'Murikuh - fuc|< yeah!
Yoo Ess Ay!
Yoo Ess Ay!

Etc. Ad nauseam...

I have opinions of my own, but I don't always agree with them - George Bush

You're disturbing. Who do you think you are, punk?

Oooh, good one. Clever wordplay on that insult

When someone says something like "I have, however, gotten my fair share of handy's" I suspect the closest you've come is your own hand in your parent's basement. Keep it classy, kid, or go back to your X Box.

I agree, mass murder is okay but a hidden hand job is taboo

It's completely ridiculous. The people who run the MPAA have lost all touch with reality.

Example:

FDR getting an implied hand job = R rating
Bane beating the crap out of Batman and breaking his back = PG-13 rating
Bane killing someone by snapping his neck = PG-13 rating

You are assuming they ever had any touch with reality.

People who run such organization... not just in the US. Tend to be conservative in 1 way or another, additionally they don't necessary have any artistic background at all.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493459/

This is a rather good documentary regarding MPAA...

Post deleted

shut up