21 Jump Street : THIS turkey is getting 7's?

THIS turkey is getting 7's?

I weep for humanity.

This was an absolute mess from beginning to end. Almost none of the characters were at all believable. The jumbled, mis-matched semi-coherent script was at times a sappy teen romance, part bromance, part 57 IQ comedy, and then worst of all, it tries to become a full-on blood-flying shoot-em-up.

I'm not even that tough at comedies, and often laugh at stupid crap- despite myself, and I think I may have laughed three times during this flick's overlong 110 minutes.

I watched the movie this afternoon, and thought I would come here and see 21 Jump Street with a well earned 2.6 rating.

7 plus?

I am convinced anyone who rated this highly has od'ed on HFS. It's not only not a good movie at all; it's a butcher-job. I pray whoever wrote this mess never writes another screenplay.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: THIS turkey is getting 7's?

I agree with jayson_n_y. I think the high rating for this "mess" of a movie has more to do with its intended audience than for the movie itself. In other words, the low information voter, the crashtwinsanitys of the world, the ones who voted for Obama, are the ones responsible for its high rating. Unfortunately, as we found out in 2008 and 2012, there are a lot of them out there.

You know, not only americans vote for movies in here, right?

OOOH..someone has a different opinion from the OP. So it's weepy time for humanity. You OP are the reason why it's time to weep for humanity. When we can't agree with another human on movies and act maturely, how do you think we can agree on critical matters?

My thoughts exactly, well said.

Post deleted

I'm happy to see that there are a few intelligent people left jawebster2000. Like someone else said, no wonder the world hates us Americans. Most of us appear to be trailer park morons of no substance. You're political views are totally right also. We've been politically corrected to death here and made to feel like we're racist if we don't vote for a black guy even if we don't agree with his views. I didn't vote for him anyway :)

You know I found this movie hilarious and I take reviewing movies seriously... I love analyzing movies and this movie is actually unique from most modern comedies.

Actually, I voted for Obama twice & detested this film.

Carpe Noctem!

If you look at the voting more carefully, only teens gives this dog of a movie high ratings. Then the ratings drop dramatically for each older age category.

It's a movie for the immature minded. So have faith in humanity, as these kids get older they will watch this movie again and say to themselves, "why did I think this was a funny movie, it's so stupid."

Nicely said!

That's the case for literally every single movie in this database. There is really no need to always be so condescending just because you personally didn't enjoy something.

Here, check out this teenage shlock by Luis Bunuel:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068361/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Or Ingmar Bergman's immature teenage romp "The seventh seal":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050976/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Only really loved by those meddling kids.

ya old people have no connection to the pop culture references this entire film constantly plays on..

what a surprise they didn't like it :0

holy we got albert Einstein's reincarnation here.... its like a movie that appeals to 1950s nostalgia and teens don't like it but the elderly do

holy you solved the mystery champ....

seniors cant relate to the highschool experience, the modern SJW movement, rap music and drups and high school theatre..

omg get this guy a nobel prize...

On a completely unrelated note, here's my impression of a pretentious idiot:

People have different opinions then me?! Pshaw! How proposterous! How insane! Oh! How I weep for humanity!

I'm intelligent enough to know the comment I'm about to make is completely related. Subjectivity only goes so far and then it's undeniable, what is genius and what is garbage!

Then subjectivity only goes as far as you want it to? If you hate a movie then you can decide that subjectivity ceases to exist because it is objectively bad? Hahahahahaha. What's funny (and really sad at the same time) is that only the most unintelligent people here are the ones claiming they are intelligent. You are in your 30s? You speak like a dumb and ignorant teenager.

Do you know why this movie was made? To make money and to make people laugh. It wasn't trying to be some high brow piece of art. In that regard you have to judge a movie based on what it is trying to do as a movie. In this case, the movie is trying to be a silly comedy and it does a good job of that,

You took the words out of my mouth. People love this movie because it's *beep* awesome.

Sincerely,
A 35 year old

I'm not even that tough at comedies, and often laugh at stupid crap

Watching and laughing and too many bad comedies has destroyed your brain and now you cannot differentiate between intelligent humour and trashy forced humour.You should weep for humanity cuz there are more people like you out there.

Whether you liked it or not, I don't really give a sh*t. In my opinion, If they had just taken the time needed, this movie could have been a whole lot better. But I don't think they really cared enough about their audience to make it better. It was as if they were in a rush to finish it, because they were all late for an appointment.

dammnnn you are dumb aren't you??

if anything this film cared TOO MUCH about its specific audience.. namely those ow in highschool to people around 30, who went through this semi recently, and are still young enough to relate and laugh at the changes in the social structure and culture of hischool from when they went to now.

if anything it was TOO GEARED to a certain demographic..

never felt rushed to me.... if anything you could argue it dragged too long with all the extra uneccessry detective work that that could of been done a lot faster.

you are literally retarded...every premise you put forward is the exact opposite of the truth...

please delete your account

and you've ingested so many hallucinogens that now you believe, trashy, low-brow humor is actually intelligent, substantial comedy.

It was passable. But yeah, I'm annoyed too that it got such a unbelievably high rating! Expected a 6.5 or something actually. I give it a 6. Not very original and not that funny and the love story felt like a stupid joke.

terrible movie, totality overrated, boring film

Yeah, I agree.

It's attempt to become a shoot-em-up was horrible, imo.

no it didn't idiot.

it was a homage/ satire on the buddy cop, comedy, romantic comedy and action genres...

I totally agree with OP, this crapfest deserves a 3/10 at best. It was just dumb and unfunny.

Well it's got a 69 on Metacritic, (presently) a 7.2 on iMDB, and an 85% on RottenTomattoes. I for one gave it a solid 7/10, and found it to be largely entertaining. Both audiences and critics would tend to agree that it's a decent movie. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it.

I don't know what HFS is, I believe it's a file system used on Macs.

Post deleted

Perhaps one day, people will enjoy only the things that you do.

I weep for humanity.
The audacity of this movie for existing. Again, weep for humanity. This movie was only made because low information voters have the nerve of not being dead. The fact that this movie has a rating above 2, means more people voted for Obama than the phony stuffed shirt let'm self deport poor people should only get medical help at the E.R. Ramknee.

Post deleted

I wonder how old you are. Admitting it was made for 14 to 17 years olds is like admitting that it was made for the lowest common denominator. I'm 36 and I know that when I was 14 to 17, I knew very little and didn't have informed opinions about anything in life. That's why alot of people here are chalking the high ratings up to demographics.

I gave it a 3. I am obviously not the audience it is aimed at.
However, I did enjoy the two leads, I thought they did the best they could with their roles.

Post deleted

You're so right, Jayson_n_y. This movie is meant for 16-24 year old idiots and they all flock here to vote 10's for it.

I am 29. And I really liked this movie because it's extremely stupid.

Btw, my two favorites movies are gattaca and once upon a time in the west.west.

What's odd is that it got decent critical reviews as well. There were a couple of chuckles in it but it was pretty dire and messy overall.

It's a rather decent/good flick, and one of the better remakes in recent years as it puts a whole new spin on the show. There's also a lot of rather clever and witty jokes. The leads have great comic timing, and it's well paced. Don't get the
"messy" critique, as it's rather well structured and formulaic, but with a twist that the jock is now a dork and the dork is now the cool kid ragging on him. So it also has a simple message aimed at its demographic, about the arbitrary nature of cliques.

This movie was not aimed at 40 year old losers so get over it,and stop blaming Obama for your suck-a$$ life and admit you are racist already.

fat pink mast!

Its laughable, my friend. in a bad way. pure unfunny adlibbed trash.

Worst movie I have seen this year! The most hilarious thing about it is it played right after Quentin Tarrantino's JACKIE BROWN on Time Warner and they have 21 Jump as 4 stars and Jackie Brown as 2 stars what a joke!

I would not have cared about the ratings of this film but it ticks me off that they used the name 21 Jump Street. I was just re-watching Jonah Hill's interview on Howard Stern when he was promoting this and he was talking about how lame it was to make remakes but then he decided to write it as a Bad Boys meets John Hughes movie. I think it is worse when someone makes a remake that do not like the original or at least respect it or the fans. J.J. Abrams managed to pull it off well with Star Trek even though he did not like Star Trek originally but at least he understood why he was making a movie named Star Trek and there are some expectations as such.

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/3159016+_40de519e9bc183c7827477633e14 ab6e.jpg
Dammit! It's not working! I think you get the idea though.

"There is no escape, John!"

Post deleted

Agreed, this movie was so bad I had to turn it off. Basically anything with Jonah Hill is fantastic when you turn it off. Watching him is about as much fun or funny as a root canal. Fat or skinny, he's just not funny.

I wonder if I can make it through the first 1-2 min of the sequel. I probably won't even try.

I saw about 5 minutes of this movie last night on TV. It was so unfunny that it actually made me angry. It's the type of comedy only simpletons will enjoy. The same bunch of brain-dead dopes who think the Transformers movies are the greatest movies ever made.

Well i know i didn't find it funny. Just Stupid.

Just watched it on tv. Glad I didn't spend money to see it. A few laughs, not all bad. 5 out of ten maybe.

Everything will be OK in the end, if it aint OK,it aint the end.