Dallas : Patrick Duffy does NOT seem as funny as he thinks he is

Patrick Duffy does NOT seem as funny as he thinks he is

Does anybody else think Patrick seems smug and annoying in real life? All these "pranks" and jokes all the time that we hear about on set .. how old is he, twelve? And the way he digs into Victoria at any opportunity.. At least she has stayed classy!! Seems like he thinks he can get away with whatever he wants when in reality he is no Larry Hagman, not by a long shot.. all ego and no substance for a so-so actor.. He was OK for sure on "Dallas" but nothing more.. and how come no one is ever pissed at him for leaving and basically wrecking the show (and apparently having his wife come up with the ridiculous dream idea????).. I find him grating

Re: Patrick Duffy does NOT seem as funny as he thinks he is

I think he's funny. I've seen him do interviews and he's pretty quick witted and has a good sense of humor.

As for the on set pranks, I think Duffy and Hagman did that to lighten things up and break the monotony on set. They had to do all a lot of dramatic scenes over and over again. I've haven't heard of any castmember annoyed or upset with their pranks and I'm sure they only pranked castmembers who appreciated it or wouldn't get upset.

As for Duffy, I actually think he would do better in comedy. He did have a sitcom, Step by Step, that ran for 7 years after Dallas ended.

He's funny spontaneously, by all reports, but that doesn't make him a good comic actor. DALLAS producer called Duffy "one of the funniest people I've ever met in my life" when he was being considered for STEP BY STEP.

But he wasn't funny at all on STEP BY STEP and much too stiff and self-conscious. Great wit isn't the same thing as delivering pre-scripted comedic dialogue.

LBJ's mistress on JFK:

You can't compare how a role is written/acted to the person acting the role. I agree that he was written as witty but that is exactly it, he was written that way. if he can't deliver what the role asks for then he shouldn't have that role.

I was dying the last season… that was really funny! there is this one scene in the episode where Al has this play. she was the understudy of the lead and had to go on and because she wanted the lead to begin with she didn't study the lines– so he placed her lines in places on the set where she would be and he is hiding behind the set to see where he could help next [he also built the set].

somehow the set switches so the audience can see him crouching behind the set walls. and we see him – scratch his butt with his hammer and then wedge his hammer between his legs near his butt to hold it! how is that not funny?

Oh God. Fortune vomits on my eiderdown once more.

Have disagree OP I don't think he comes across as smug or annoying in real life. He has a sense of humour that's all. And Victoria takes it in good fun. They seem to get along very well in real life from what I can see.

He is not friendly with the fans…I heard he was a jerk on the reunion at Southfotk with the fans…