Dallas : Barbara Eden Episodes

Barbara Eden Episodes

I stopped watching Dallas in the 80's so I never kept up with the show. However, thanks to Youtube, I've been able to watch some of those episodes with Barbara Eden. Those were pretty good. I think she held up well standing up to JR. Did you think those were good episodes? I thought she looked wonderful and it was good to see her with Larry Hagman again.

Re: Barbara Eden Episodes

I remember a few years before her appearance, Soap Opera Digest had suggested Dallas cast her as a high-powered oil executive to rival J.R. They even made a joke, "Who will say 'Master' this time?"

Much as I loved their chemistry on I Dream of Jeannie, I thought the Eden episodes in the final season were AWFUL! And that's saying something considering how far the show had fallen by that point. I understand that Eden's character was supposed to hate J.R., but I didn't even feel real hate chemistry between them, certainly not the caliber we got with J.R. and Sue Ellen.

I thought they were alright. I think the writers dragged the story on for too long and when it finally came to a head it ended in a whimper. That and including Michelle in it was a mistake in my opinion. No way on earth could Michelle have been able to fight JR or even Cliff for that matter the way she did.

I loved the character of Lee Ann De La Vega. I loved the scene where she was trying to set up a seduction with JR so Vanessa would catch them. She chose not to walk in though.
That episode always makes me laugh.

They should've had her name be Toni. Toni Nelson. :)