Dallas : Why did CBS put all the episodes of Dallas on dvd but not Knots Landing

Why did CBS put all the episodes of Dallas on dvd but not Knots Landing

Season 1 or KL released in 2006, season 2 of KL released in 2009 and THAT'S IT ???????

NOT FAIR FOR KNOTS LANDING FANS!!!!!

"there's something about getting dirty, sweaty and bloody that feels right."

Re: Why did CBS put all the episodes of Dallas on dvd but not Knots Land

My guess is that they did not sell as well. Knots hit the top 10 a few seasons but wasn't the mega-hit that Dallas was.

Yes, I imagine it was due to poor sales. The thing about Knots is it didn't hit its stride until the 4th or 5th season. The first few seasons were kinda slow (with many self-contained episodes).

I believe it's a combination of poor sales and something about not currently having the rights to all of the music used. A lot of shows will simply replace the songs, but with Knots, it's harder seeing as there are live performances and such. Idk if that's true, it makes sense though.

I believe it's a combination of poor sales and something about not currently having the rights to all of the music used.

I believe that was the excuse made. I know from seasons 4- 7, Lisa Hartman (Ciji/Cathy) sang a lot and covered songs by other artists, most notably, "Open Arms" by Journey. But she wasn't in season 3 and they never released season 3.

I know, it hurts. Nobody in the world actually needs to own DVDs of DALLAS seasons 9 through 14, and yet all of those are out and readily available for anyone who wants to watch crap TV, while the absolutely brilliant KNOTS LANDING remains difficult to track down, with only the first two, not-nearly-as-good seasons of the show available on DVD.

Really, WB would have been smart to hype up the idea that DALLAS and KL exist in the same universe by attaching the proper crossover eps to both DVDs. Fans of both series will remember that Gary/Val show up 12 times throughout the DALLAS run, so why not include those DALLAS eps on the KNOTS DVDs? Similarly, there were 9 KL eps with crossovers from the DALLAS folks (J.R. was in five eps, Bobby was in three, Kristin was in one, and Lucy was in one), so why not throw those crossovers onto the DALLAS DVDs as a bonus? People would be watching DALLAS, enjoying it, decide to check out this bonus feature with the crossovers from the other show, and perhaps decide to run out and buy those DVDs.

In any case, it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon, but I will say that if anyone is interested in finding out about where they can see all 344 eps of KNOTS LANDING online for absolutely free, please feel free to P.M. me and I can send you a certain special link that will lead you to that.

Please support my blog about all things KNOTS LANDING!
http://www.knotsblogging.com/

They should at least release Knotts on iTunes like they did for Falcon Crest. I'd really like to see all the seasons of Knotts. I didn't see a lot of the earlier ones growing up.

Actors are useless without the power of a good writer's imagination

It's not just one of the best '80s nighttime soaps ever, it's legitimately one of the best television series ever made, period, and it's a travesty that it's not available for everyone to see.

Please support my blog about all things KNOTS LANDING!
http://www.knotsblogging.com/

CBS has nothing to do with it; they have no ownership interest in either show. It's Warner Bros, which acquired Dallas producer Lorimar, which owns the rights to both series.