Justin Theroux : HIS QUOTES ON IMDB

Re: HIS QUOTES ON IMDB

I just read them today and I agree with him. Actors need to keep mystic or else it is hard to see those playing different roles. Tom Hanks is a nice guy and a loving father and husband so he will never be believable as anyone dark. Someone like Jack Nicholson can do it all because I really dont know much about him at all. He could be a nice guy but who knows? That is why he is a great actor. Justin was just pointing out that being a celebrity can hurt you in the long run. I just wished he wouldnt have used Tom Hanks I love him!

Cowy4 I agree I don't think he was trying to say anything bad about Tom Hanks as an actor or a person. He was just making a general comment and I guess that was the first actor he thought of.

The McDonald's and Starbucks comments had hipster written all over them, but ah well. Everyone's entitled!

As soon as I saw his main IMDB picture I knew he was a douchenozzle.

He's an actor and as a screenwriter I don't see actors as artists they are at their best interpreters and at the least models. He however is neither no personality or persona or even charisma.

so true

I hate to agree with you, mkm912, but I, too was surprised by his rants about Tom Hanks, etc. I came here because he is the best character on The Leftovers and I love his character. I don't know if you have see the show but he is outstanding as the town sheriff. His comments are his own opinions but rather arrogant, as you said and disconcerting. Maybe1908 being engaged to Jennifer Aniston has him feeling he is invincible…lol.

"Have a better one"

Yeah, man. I came on here thinking the same thing about the quotes. Hes a really compelling actor. I love love love The Leftovers. But the logic he employs….its why his directing and his writing sucks.

Im not against arrogance in general. It can be unpleasant some times, but thats not what bugs me so much. And I sort of agree with him about Tom Hanks celebrity getting in the way. Thats just a fact. For all celebrities its a problem and it is why some big stars arent recognized for their actual acting ability until decades after their death when new generations arent enamored with the publicity or know so much about them.

But that thing about supporting the thought process in throwing bricks through windows? I understand what hes getting at, but I think he misunderstands what brick throwers are doing, haha. He sees it as rebellion whereas I dont think thats what drives those people. Anyway it sort of shows Theroux is kind of shallow and about the appearance of intention more than really getting into it. The kind of guy wh o probably carries around books for people to see him holding but maybe doesnt finish.

People who fight the power arent on the street beaming McDonalds with bricks. Andn if Theroux thinks somebody has to die before that thinking gets dangerous, hes again a fool.

Quotes be dammed, he ruined Iron Man 2, which is more than enough for me to hate this untalented twat.

Yeah the guy sounds like a real douche nozzle.

Yeah sounds like a real d*ck!

Covering the past FIVE years, I've never seen an actor's quotes illicit so many comments (with most negative).
I came to Justin's page to get info on when the new season of The Leftovers begins. I got more than I bargained for! I read his bio prior to reading his quotes. The bio info set the stage for absorbing the quotes.

I could only hope the quotes were totally out of context and what came before or after might take the dumbness away. Seems unlikely, though.

I know what kind of car Tom Hanks drives and I've met his wife, ergo I can't fathom him as a cast away? Really? I saw Tom Hanks and he was an Apollo astronaut. So…he couldn't have ever convinced me he was a kid from Alabama named Gump who lead an incredible life. Folks, this guy is letting us know, in not a subtle way, he 'knows' Mr. Hanks, Rita Wilson and what car Hanks was driving on a particular day. All of that's OK, actors need attention. It's inherent in their profession. But using this reason to diminish Hanks' acting skills as viewed by Justin T. sounds like a personal problem. To me, T.H. is a different 'person' in all his movies. As Andy Taylor told Opie about William Holden—"that's the actor of the fella."

Throwing things? Young children do that often. It's rarely harmless. Bricks through glass? Fine, if your purpose is to kill or maim. As silly as it may seem, I think Justin believes the brick-window thing 'hurts' Starbucks/McDonald's. Of course, what this does is raise Starbuck's insurance rates. They, in turn, pass the cost to the person who wants a morning coffee-type drink. It's called unintended consequences.

It also amused me that Justin openly bit the hand that feeds him. The TV show is just an add on….to the far more important commercials. He's got to know that if there were NO commercials………there would be NO TV show and he'd have NO job.

He used to watch toy commercials when he was young and wondered where these wonderful backyards were?? Poor Justin. Dad is a corporate attorney and mom writes for a D.C. newspaper. He makes it sound as if he lived in public housing with a dirt backyard.