Falcon Crest : Could Falcon Crest Do Something Like Dallas?

Could Falcon Crest Do Something Like Dallas?

Could Falcon Crest do something like Dallas has done? Would it work? A few ideas"

Angela is dead and burried on Falcon Crest.

The battle could center around Lance and his 50% of Falcon Crest vs. Kevin and/or Michael Channing and their 50%.

Richard now 70ish is working with either or both sons to secure their position in the winery.

Richard and Lauren had a child, a daughter named Lorraine, whom was named after Richard's deceased stepdaughter.

Lauren either died or she and Richard divorced because he broke his world to her about retiring and living the peaceful life.

Richard is trying to take over the company which bought the San Francisco Globe when he was convicted of securites law violations in 1989.

Could any of the other night-time soaps make this work? Or was this something reserved for Dallas only because of their iconic nature?

Re: Could Falcon Crest Do Something Like Dallas?

PersonallyI think the only way it could work is if they were to bring Melissa (Ana-Alicia) back from the dead. Besides Angelashe was a character that people loved to hate. She would in a waybe the J.R. of the new Falcon Crest series. Lorenzo Lamas's acting is not good wnough to carry an entire series on his own and David Selbyalthough awesomeis nothing without Maggie. Plus I'm not sure if David Selby would even want to come back. This is only my opinionbut the only way I'd even think of watching a new Falcon Crest is if Melissa came back.

100% in agreement about Melissa.

Biggest mistake they ever made was kilinng her off!

They killed off too many characters to make it work, Chase, Maggie, Melissa, Angela is gone.
What makes Dallas is unique is that it has three strong original characters still in it, Falcon Crest would only have Richard.

True. I agree.

Please, dear God, no. FC is one of my favorite shows of all time, period. No reunion movie, no new series. It's over.

As much as I love the fact that the soap genre is gaining ground, this Dallas reboot is ridiculous. It doesn't touch a candle to the original. It's not as bad as the new 90210 trying to compete with the first four seasons of the original but still.

Surprise! There's an airplane here to see you! MM

Based upon your post and one that came before it, I agree. There is just not enough of a base left to do anything with FC. With everyone else dead, 70ish Richard vs 50ish Lance would not be enough around which to base a series. Dallas is getting a run out off nostalgia and the J.R. Ewing "brand name". Richard was a great character but did not have the inconic thing going for him like J.R. Ewing. Been watching old FC reruns on Amazon and it got me to thinking, but on 2nd thought, I agree with your points.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.