The Terminator : This movie keeps getting better and better with every viewing.

This movie keeps getting better and better with every viewing.

Even though T2 is a very well made action film, it lost something special that The Terminator had. I won't even go into the progressively crappier sequels.

When all's said and done, The Terminator is akin to fine wine when it comes to horror cinematography.

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing .

Re: This movie keeps getting better and better with every viewing.

Arnold as the villain was AWESOME. So menacing, so intimidating. Although Robert Patrick was also great as the T1000, T2 was a summer blockbuster for the masses. T1 was smaller, more somber, darker movie, and as such I like it better.

Simple is complex. Less is more.

"The Terminator" in a nutshell.

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing .

I agree, I never tire of watching the movie, though I admit when I watch it now I get bored with the factory scene at the end..

The haunting score, the well-handed relationship between Sarah and Kyle, Arnold's menacing/iconic performance, the pacing and the excellent atmosphere (which is very much like a horror film), etc. all this just gets better with every viewing indeed.

Hey there, Johnny Boy, I hope you fry!

Ive always preferred the original. As you all have said, the gritty 80s atmosphere is something special. The second film does have more heart. Also has a great atmosphere. Effects are a bit dated though. The opening credits in T2 are very powerful as is the whole movie. T2 is obviously the bigger movie, but that doesn't make it better.

Agree! The last time I saw it I must have been around 10. Now it's 25 years later, I just recently rewatched T1, and I actually like it better than the first time. Very well written, suspenseful, Arnold is amazing, Michael Biehn also doing a good job - all in all a good movie, which is not the way I remembered. I have to say though that Linda Hamilton's acting is not very good, to say the least. She is much better as the warrior of T2 (and the last 5-10 minutes of T1).

Yes, therein lies the problem with T2 is that it's simply a summer action movie. It's really a formulaic movie akin to summer action movies of the 80s and 90s. T1 feels like more than just one genre, elements of horror, action, sci-fi, noir, thriller.

This is a fun movie :)

"See? He can be a real sweetheart once you get to know him."-Fluttershy

Arnold as the villain was AWESOME. So menacing, so intimidating.

Although I do not rate Schwarzenegger as an actor, The Terminator role worked perfectly as its more about his physical presence, crafting his acting limitations into a menacing cyborg.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.