Simon Pegg : What a tosser

What a tosser

That's right, for your arrogant comments and disrespect of George Lucas and Star Wars fans I. General.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a773601/simon-pegg-compares-star-wars-prequels-to-infanticide-its-like-george-lucas-killing-his-kid/

Whether you like the prequels or not is irrelevant - who gives a *beep* what you think? Don't go disrespecting the millions of Star Wars fans and an entire generation of people who enjoy them just fine. Lucas has done far more for cinema than you could ever imagine in your wildest dreams. In 50 years time his genius will still be celebrated, while no one will give a *beep* about Shaun of the dead.

Re: What a tosser

Pegg is just another mouthy, attention-seeking tw@t who thinks his opinion is more important than it actually is. It's best to ignore him.

Its the kids I feel sorry for. The kids who grew up with Episodes I - III. The ones whos first cinema experience was seeing these movies and who adore them. They need to put up with a middle-aged failure spouting crap about something they love.

I agree, well put.

You have been CRURNED!

You should be such a failure!! 85 movie credits and numerous TV shows. Simon Pegg is an undoubted success as a performer and writer. Just because he has not fallen down and worshipped the Star Wars series you throw your toys out of the pram - grow up, you loser!

Whether you like the prequels or not is irrelevant - who gives a *beep* what you think? Don't go disrespecting the millions of Star Wars fans and an entire generation of people who enjoy them just fine. Lucas has done far more for cinema than you could ever imagine in your wildest dreams. In 50 years time his genius will still be celebrated, while no one will give a *beep* about Shaun of the dead.

Totally agree mate - is he just bitter that as a semi famous so-called Star Wars fan he wasnt offered a role in the prequels?

I actually used to have time for the guy, but these days Pegg comes across as a petty condescending Lucas / prequel hating diva and a judgemental two-faced hypocrite of the highest order, plus he hasnt done anything remotely decent since Spaced/Shaun of the dead - and even then its Nick Frost who is always the truly funny one in everything they appear in together.
The fekin hypocrite also slagged off the Clone Wars series but then has the cheap scumbaggy temerity to take on and then ruin the role of Dengar in an epsiode, his pitifully weak vocal 'work' for a grizzled gnarled veteren bounty hunter like Dengar sounded like a weasely cockney muppet - he utterly didnt get it or deliver a credible performance - which is ironic cos thats what he continually bleats on about regarding the prequels: not 'getting the star wars vibe' etc - that amazing Star Wars 'insight' he thinks he has is total bull, i just hope his Ep 7 consultancy input was completely ignored by JJ. Really sad cos now all Pegg has become is an arrogant attention seeking pretentious Tom Cruise fanboy twat, and dont get me started on his pathetic STrek Scotty accent and performance :P

Can you like posts on IMDb? Because I would this one.
Eloquently put, good sir.

yikes what a absolute twat.

Clearly nick frost is/was the real genius besides edgar wright for spaced and the cornetto trilogy.

*beep* knows why that movie paul even happened but peggs yanky dicsucking is pretty obvious and lame especially since his career is in the toilet

ayy

Blast him all you want, but he's absolutely correct.

Jar Jar Binks sucked major ass. As a fan of the original three movies, the prequels were not remotely in the same league. I don't know anyone who feels the prequels were great movies.

Blast him all you want

thanks for your validation and will do :)

I don't know anyone who feels the prequels were great movies.

yawn… what a refreshing non-clichd comment - and i dont know anyone who thinks that you've made any great movies either, ever, so at least you got that in common with your mind numbing opinion of the PT

Any exactly what great movie have you made

You probably wouldn't know a good actor from a terrible one, but while your at home in your moms basement stroking off in front of a poster of Jar jar Binks some of us actually have worked in film. I have quite a bit of experience in regards to this, but that really doesn't matter because anyone with functional brain cells can distinguish decent acting from–well anything in the "prequels."

BTW you would need a mind to experience a mind numbing opinion. You're not qualified.

Any exactly what great movie have you made

I presume thats a question and that you mean and as opposed to any - two completely different meanings to those words, though i guess all those "functional brain cells" you think you have must really have helped you to distinguish the correct meaning of incredibly basic words during all of that time you "worked in film" - yeah sure lol, walking past a studio or film set doesnt mean you worked in film - it means you walked past a film being made - see the difference there Mar Mar Binks?

moms basement stroking off in front of a poster of Jar jar Binks
Wow that's a seriously weird chain of thought, sorry to burst your fantasy but my wife strokes me off - and never in a basement - though that statement clearly speaks volumes as to your own sexual predilections Mar Mar, it would be best if you keep those to yourself.

You probably wouldn't know a good actor from a terrible one, ..distinguish decent acting from–well anything in the "prequels."

Yeah cos Ian McDiarmid, Ewan McGregor and Christopher Lee et al have never been good actors have they? Jeez let me just try and comprehend your levels of self-righteous delusion from your inane statements about the merits of something as subjective as recognizing good acting - if you had just 1% of their cinematic talent you would still be (allegedly) working in film.

BTW you would need a mind to experience a mind numbing opinion. You're not qualified.

Well I was trying to be as polite as possible about your smug mind numbing posts, but after reading about your strange jar jar fixation crap on here related to ass sucking and stroking yourself off in basements, pretty much everything you write screams conceited BS drivel, so Mar Mar - I posit that your not remotely qualified to state that i'm not qualified, so lets argue about intangible qualifications now eh? lol no please don't, you creep me out too much.

I will refrain from beating you down to much in this. I'm not going to cut and paste your entire post and pick out point for point in it–it's frankly not worth my time or attention.

In the movie I made I didn't "walk by the set." I wrote the screenplay, directed the movie and played a small role. It is pretty much the norm for many independent film makers. BTW I have made 2 movies in this manner, as well as having small acting roles in two other movies.

No, they were not Lawrence of Arabia quality movies, but they were decent.

Also while those actors all were in some really great movies, that doesn't mean they did their best acting in the Star Wars prequel. Sorry Jar Jar–but everyone knows those movies sucked.

You may return to your Mom's basement and resume your "tribute" to your God Jar Jar Binks. I am done with you.

I will refrain from beating you down to much in this. I'm not going to cut and paste your entire post and pick out point for point in it–it's frankly not worth my time or attention.

Beat me down, suuuure lol, well at least you think you could so you've still got that little delusion to keep you warm and happy eh, and you actually replied anyway - just classic Mar Mar Binks :) I knew you'd yet again (yawn) bring up your weird obsession with jar jar and your mothers basement, a predictably shallow minded response that seems to be your default mode - you just cannot get subjectivity through that thick condescending skull of yours can you?

In the movie I made I didn't "walk by the set." I wrote the screenplay, directed the movie and played a small role.

Even if any of that crap is true - so what, like that qualifies your opinion as being more worthy than anyone elses, no it lessens it and you come across as boring and scarily pretentious - to even think that something you claimed to have wrote/filmed on your phone/whatever is worth ever mentioning in the same breath as absolutely anything that Lucas, McDiarmid, McGregor and Lee were involved in is staggeringly arrogant and more than slightly pathetic. The fact is that on any of those guys worst days ever they are still artists that are light years beyond your sad little ego soaked statements - if you want attention go and bleat about your utterly irrelevant cinematic "abilities" and deviant jar jar fantasies to a shrink, or simon pegg.

If you think for even a moment that any of the putrid Star War prequels were representative of the finest work of Christopher Lee or any of the others you mentioned then it is a complete waste of time for me to argue with you. You are beyond help.

My involvement with anything in film or theatre doesn't neccessarily weaken or strengthen my argument. I just stated it because you bought it up with your idiotic "what great movies have you made lately" comment. Jar Jar.

I simply said Simon Plegg was a good actor. Any idiot can tell that much. Your failure to recognize as such doesn't necessarily make you a bad person–just a kind of dumb one. At a minimum someone who wouldn't know talent if he saw it.

Maybe that's why you stroke off to Jar Jar Binks poster in your Mom's basement.

May the force be with you. You will need it to sit through any of the prequels.

it's frankly not worth my time or attention

Obviously not lol as you yet again replied with your default 'jar jar moms basement' fantasy wank projection - repetitive weird statements, again, how many more times can you say the same deviant minded crap without creeping yourself out

I simply said Simon Plegg was a good actor. Any idiot can tell that much

Well your well qualified in that department, thanks so much for telling me that much.

Like i said the IMDB aint your shrink - go and whine your boring jar jar/pegg fanboy *beep* to someone who charges you, a fortune hopefully, cos thats how much therapy you clearly need Mar Mar, now get back to that incredible film that i'm sure you are making :) of yourself, in your moms basement etc etc etc ……

Thanks for that well thought out and intellectually stimulating reply Chewie. Now you can get all gooey thinking about Jar Jar Binks in your mom's basement. I look forward to seeing you next epic motion picture. Until then, may the force be with you!

"BTW you would need a mind to experience a mind numbing opinion. You're not qualified."

You clever bugger, you! Witty as my granny, this one. "worked in film" have you? And a director/writer also? I'm well impressed.

Speaking of which, the guy who comes to clean our pool is a "director" too. As is the boy who delivers the morning paper, the girl at the dry cleaners, and that immigrant taxi driver (who smelled of curry) who drove me home a few weeks ago. The air is thick with directors lately, isn't it?

Seems that all it takes is a little camera, some willing mates, an abundance of free time, and a couple of work lights…and we can all call ourselves legitimate directors too! Isn't that grand?

This person is going places, I can just smell it. Hope he'll still come here after he's rubbing shoulders with the stars, which is just milliseconds away I suspect.

Good things ahead, you talented director you.

vidpro? LOL

(wedding videographer, I'd guess)

Well thank you for acknowledging my greatness. I am truly flattered. You get bonus points for noticing the vid pro part.

You are on the internet, and you cannot take criticism… not of your self, mind you, but something you like. How can I put this gently – you need to grow a thicker shell.

I've heard much worse, actually threatening comments because of my ancestry. Just listening to the presidential debates, you will hear worse than that, and many of those comments will be personal, not criticising a movie, but actually tearing down people. And you are insulted that someone said something on the internet that was negative about a movie? How do you even get through life?

Kids are better off understanding that not everyone likes the same things. When someone says that something you consider a work of art is actually junk, that they are expressing their opinion. It's not an attack. Kids more than anyone need to understand early that perception does not equal reality, that someone not liking something that you like does not in any way impact your love of whatever that is. I think that children can handle that. You should be able to also.

Fine, I'll just say it: You're a tosser for not respecting a fervent fan's opinion on the 3 prequels. Having said that: Pegg is right.

Directors and writers make a habit out of raping and utterly equalizing their epic brainchildren for the sake of commercial profits. ESPECIALLY LUCAS!

The mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it's opened

Actually you seem to give a beep about it. Btw. did nobody notice the disgusting advertising they used at that time to sell the prequels? Like the consumer is some kind of zombie…Star Wars everywhere, and they were really not that good.

I agree with him. To me they were an abomination, the prequels were almost unwatchable back then and they still are now. Your comment about what Lucas has done for cinema blah blah is mind blowingly ignorant of what Pegg is actually getting at. Also note you're taking written text without context nor expression and are probably taking it as you want just to satisfy an underlying urge to vent.

So it's okay to bark "White lives matter", to shout abuse at feminists and start misogynic movements pretending to be fighting for rights, it's okay for muslims to rape western women willy-nilly, but someone disrespecting franchise created to earn money, well, that's just unforgivable

so you disagree with his opinion? So what, becasue he's famous he's not entitled to an opinion but you are? *beep* off, besides most people agree with the prequels sucked ass and so do you.

LOOK for christ sake, his wife is called "Maureen", he has enough problems on his hands.

lets hope its not the one from the driving school.

Everyone knows the Star Wars 1-3 was arse wipe, and for saying 5b4that does make Pegg a tosser.

I am sure he is just another masturbater like the rest.

But if indeed you mean he is a man of mean spirit, well then you must watch that Star Wars 1-7 now and see which are the worst.

I think we can all agree its a Cash Cow and anything put out there will get an audience greater than a Keith Chegwin film. http://www.imdb.com/board/11634141/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2">http://www.imdb.com/board/11634141/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

Only the biggest loser in the world would take Star Wars over Shaun of the Dead. Yeah you bet I said that.

Just because I'm not on THEIR side, doesn't mean I'm on YOURS.