Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling : Anybody else remember this cartoon?

Anybody else remember this cartoon?

I remember watching this cartoon when I was extremely young. This and the cartoon called Pro Stars which had Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretsky, and Bo Jackson where favorites of mine in my early childhood. Although I cant recall much about either series I do think it would be interesting to either catch a rerun of these series on tv or even see a dvd released.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Anybody else remember this cartoon?

Yeah it sucked. I watched it in the mid 90s.

I remember my fair share of this series, especially the music, as they used Queen's Another One Bites the Dust to introduced a certain character every time. Also,the theme tune was a manipulated version of Bonnie Tyler's Ravishing (I just listened to the original recently and the memory of that theme tune came flooding back to me!)
I am actually glad that I don't remember a lot from it, but that's because I remember other shows, that Jeffrey Scott wrote, more from this era, like the Muppet Babies.

Andy Norton

I was surprise raymonds wimpy brother did the hulksters voice.

yea, i remember it, but hey, did anyone actually do their own voices on this show? i mean hell, even mr. fuji has a voice actor

I watched this cartoon round about when I was 6 in the early nineties. It was alrite but I dont remember much about it.

"Just gimme the godamn page!!!"

I also don't remember much, I mean I was like 5 when it was one.. I just remember that Mean Gene had a convertable car…

I remember an episode when they turn into kids, and being chased by the cops, lol.

David

The name of the episode where Hulk and the gang turn into kids was Small But Mighty. One of my favorites.

I remember it. Hulk had the converible, Wendy was hot and Junkyard had a dog, lived in a junkyard and had a truck with a house camper.

This show was kind of silly in retrospect (they sell VHS episodes at MacFrugals and H.E.B. stores) but it was during a part of my life when I was a kid (12) and would give anything to relive those days. I do remember Mene Gene getting all these gorgeous girls while the big bad wrestlers looked on in quiet jealousy.

I only remember the ghostbuster episode.

Post deleted

i think i saw that episode, but it was at a Chart Hits Video Kids section like 14 years ago.

Tony Broemer - "because that stuff humors me."

Yeah I really remember it. I came on right after Pee Wee's Playhouse for CBS' Saturday Morning Schedule during the 80's. And was make this so replusive that the network ran this crap for a hour!!!

1. The only live-action version was with the REAL Hulk Hogan and WWF announcer Gene Okerlund.

2. Wendy was every girls hot lesbian dream!!! Juicy dyke fantasy!!!

3. Can you believe that Brad Garrett(the wimpy punk-out giant from Everybody Loves Raymond)did voicework for the animated version of Hulk Hogan????

4. Can you believe that James Avery(who was Uncle Phil from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)was the voice of the Junkyard Dog??? In the animated version the Junkyard had a dog and had a truck with a house camper???? Can you believe that the Junkyard Dog's brother was voiced by the guy who was on Boston Public?

5. Standup comic Charlie Adler was the voice of not only Roddy Piper but also the voice of the Nature Boy Rick Flair???

6. Lewis Arquette(the brother of actresses Patricia and Rosanna Arquette)was the voice of Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka and Jimmy Streamboat????

Its no wonder this series lasted one season.

Post deleted

I watched it in the mid 80's I was about six years old when it was on. I liked it, and thought it was cool but then again I was six years old and I thought everything was cool back then. I totally forgot about it till I stumbled across it on youtube just now and got a total nostalgic flashback

I don't recall this cartoon, but from what I heard is uh.. Wendi looks like Debbie from Speed Buggy.

I remember watching this show when I was about 5 or 6 years old. It was basically an action-adventure cartoon featuring wrestlers who were big in the WWF at the time. I may be wrong about this, but I think the basic idea is that there were two rival gyms that were run by two different camps of WWF superstars. One gym was owned by Hulk Hogan and all the other major "babyface" wrestlers (the good guys in wrestling), while the rival gym was owned and run by "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and his own team of "heel" wrestlers. I remember that there was no actual wrestling involved, and the show featured Hulk Hogan and friends going on adventures that would somehow involve them going up against Piper and his group. The main thing I remember is that rock and roll was a main theme in the show, and that rock music would drive Roddy Piper into a blind rage (I remember him screaming "I HATE ROCK AND ROLL!!!" over and over again like a maniac at least once every episode).

The show was kind of fun when I was a kid, but I don't know if it would hold up if I saw it again. It basically served as a good introduction for kids to the personalities of the WWF.

Post deleted

Post deleted

It was awful.

"Oh yeah, get down with Junkyard Dog!" - Junkyard Dog (RIP)

"I HATE ROCK AND ROLL!" - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"Da, Comrade Shiek…" - Ivan Volkov

I use to have the THUMB WRESTLERS!!!!!! lol. i barely remember this show, in my part of the world (australia) it use to come on after Muppet Babies and before Happy Days (repeats). Id love to see a dvd just to bring back the memories.

I watched a bit of this in the mid-1980s.

Post deleted

Post deleted

I do!! Pro Stars was on back in 1992, before NBC decided they weren't showing cartoons anymore like they used to. I also remember Rock N Wrestling, it was corny but at the time we weren't thinking about it, we were having fun watching it..I miss cartoons like this and others I watched in the 1980's. Yeah I wished the wrestlers were actually doing the voices, but think about it…with all their traveling and everything, would they have had the time?

I miss the 80 and 90's, but if you can get these cartoons on DVD, it's just like having a piece of that time right in your living room.

I only kind of remember watching this. I would like to see it again though

In the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin, "Oh Hell Yeah!" I used to watch this cartoon every saturday morning when I was little. There was one particular saturday morning when it was on and my dad had no choice but to sit through an episode while I was watching it, although I can't remember the episode. Just recently I found the intro and a few episodes on Youtube. Hulk Hogan, himself, stated in his first autobiography that the cartoon was great to work on and cool to air on TV but he also stated that the cartoon had a lot of production problems, especially with the other wrestlers who also participated with the cartoon as well. I know there was a two volume series of the cartoon on VHS some years back, but unfortunately the VHS copies are now out of print. Hopefully WWE home video could release the cartoon series on both DVD or Blu-Ray sometime in the near future. Since this cartoon was one of the things that made the WWF popular in the '80's, it's too bad there wasn't an "Attitude" era cartoon with Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, D-Generation X, etc. during the '90's. That would've been great as well.

Not sure if I actually saw it on TV or if parents perhaps bought me the video tapes. But my memory is that the only female I was familiar w/ at time was that of Ms Elizabeth (Macho Man's then wife) and so I assumed the female character was that of her. I should have known better since the character in cartoon was not ever shown acting quiet or wearing different dresses.

I found out later it was for a wrestler named Wendi … who I believe may have either left WWE when I was into it or perhaps I missed out on her performances.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/data.filmboards/images/emoticons/jump4.GIF" alt="jump4.gif">https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/data.filmboards/images/emoticons/jump9.GIF" alt="jump9.gif">https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/data.filmboards/images/emoticons/jump4.GIF" alt="jump4.gif">
Poop in his hand … Poop in his hand

Ya I remember it, it was in my highschool years when I watched it that and pro stars, in pro stars Wayne Gretzy was a dumb guy as I remembered

This came on right smack in the middle of my wrestling phase ('84-'87). I remember next to nothing about it, save for the theme, which was pretty epic.

I remember watching the reruns in the 90's on the usa network.