Desperately Seeking Susan : 'What's she weigh?'

'What's she weigh?'

Gary: "Roberta? 105, 110."
Madonna (steps on scale): "Close, very close."

I think Madonna was super-cool in this film, but in her dreams does she weigh 105 pounds in this film! She seemed even a bit on the pudgy side.
To be honest, I'm not sure Roberta was that thin!

Just an observation. I love this film!

"I'd say this cloud is Cumulo Nimbus."
"Didn't he discover America?"
"Penfold, shush."

Re: 'What's she weigh?'

Roberta is skinny and petite. She looked about 105 - 110 pounds. Madonna was bigger and chunkier so I don't believe it for MAdonna. But for Roberat yes

I don't think Madonna was chunky; she wore cropped tops and had no flab - but I don't think either of them were 105!

------------------------
"Love means never having to say you're ugly." - the Abominable Dr. Phibes

She be real!

Maybe she wasn't 105, but PUDGY?! I'm sorry but you're either overweight and insecure or you're a walking skeleton..No matter what you are, you are DEFINITELY out of your mind!! She had NO ounce of fat on her and she still looks amazing!!

"Everyone's a star & deserves the right to twinkle."
-Marilyn Monroe
XOXO

Madonna was pudgy, especially in some scenes (continuity issues there). Madonna herself admitted she was, and the Trivia section here mentions this also. It said that in every food scene she would spit the food out, since she was trying to lose weight.

"I'd say this cloud is Cumulo Nimbus."
"Didn't he discover America?"
"Penfold, shush."

when madonna first became famous, she was not as muscular and thin as she is now. i always thought that was refreshing since she was clearly not ashamed of her body. i would never consider her fat, maybe just a little thick. she started as a dancer so i am thinking that even though she might have weighed more, she was solid.

You're right, she looked great!
A healthy, thick, woman beats a bonebag any day.

"Hunger is not sexy...Get that woman a sandwich!"

Madonna wasn't really pudgy even if she thought she was. She looked to have it in her that she could have become that way if she hadn't decided to get fit. She seemed to get too thin though within a few years of that movie and as she is now.

I don't think she was fat by any standards, but for a movie star, she was kind of "chunky." In reality, she looked like a healthy REAL person. I also think she looked muscular, which she always has been. I think she looked better in this movie than she did later on. She became all muscle and bone. Very little body fat.

She seemed "pudgy"? Is that supposed to be a joke?

"It's Minnie Pearl's murder weapon."

Rosanna was thin and beautiful and I believe she could have been 105 lbs.

Madonna on the other hand was at that time "thick and Juicy" was she was not 105 lbs....

When she says close very close. . She meant 135... is close enough to 105 !!!!

:)

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

No kidding, Madonna looked her best before the all-grizzle dancer look she adopted later.

Amy: I swear to God...I swear to God! That is NOT how you treat your human!

I think both women look great here (I never realized how tiny Madonna is until I recently saw a photo of her next to Taylor Swift), but I prefer Rosanna Arquette here.

Gary has no idea what Roberta weighs.

Susan is not being all that truthful.

Madonna was fuller than Rosanna especially in some scenes.