Stand and Deliver : Stand and Deliver!!!!

Stand and Deliver!!!!

Hi,
What is the meaning of Stand and Deliver?
I mean what is the relationship between this title and the movie???

Re: Stand and Deliver!!!!

I think it refers to how the students were accused of cheating because of their race, Mr. Escalante taught them essentially how to hold their ground, how to "Stand and Deliver" based on who they are and what they could accomplish, despite set backs.

I agree with the poster above me
Awesome answer!~!

NARUTO FREAK!!
*sasuke and hinata are the best of all*
*best couple* Naruhina!!

That is what teachers do. They "stand" in front of the class and "deliver" the information.

¡Viva Felipe Calderón!

yeah i agree with everyone and I also read its actually because it was a song by a band whose name i cannot recall that gave inspiration

@ chicana_pwr

The song is by Mr. Mister:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNSJTcm970A

The song's awesome too!!!

"I can see in the distance, a beautiful experience..."

Yeah, maybe they do, but that is not what the teacher in the movie did. He, like all good teachers, merely gave the students the tools to do the learning themselves. The students are the ones who stood up and delivered all their promise, leaving nothing out and standing tall and proud.

stand: positioning yourself in a way that declares your intentions. You're promising what you will accomplish, you're telling people what you're going to do. You're standing up, unashamed and ready to perform.
and
deliver: you do exactly what you said you would, you're delivering

It isn't arrogance, it's confidence. It's a great lesson for a lot of us to learn.

take it to the top!

---------------------------------------
"Rue the day?" Who talks like that?

Altanic nailed it! That is EXACTLY what the title means. It's such a bad4ss title, too!!!