La Femme Nikita : Couldn't they cast a better Nikita?

Couldn't they cast a better Nikita?

She wasn't very pretty nor a good actress. Her hair was a mess the whole time, although that's not her fault. I was a little disappointed with her, but enjoyed the movie overall.

Re: Couldn't they cast a better Nikita?

I felt the same way. Plus she looked about 37, not 20 years old.

Tough crowd... VERY tough crowd! ;')

I agree about that, it's odd they cast her as a 20-year old when the actress was 30 at the time and looked 35.

Is it any more weird than casting 30 year olds to play high school students?

Nikita was supposed to be a drug addict, sometimes that can make one look older than they really are. Also some young girls look more mature compared to their real age, this wasn't much of an issue for me. Good thing they didn't cast some skinny supermodel..

WHAT?! Wow, I LOVED Nikita and found her to be enchantingly beautiful, extremely charming, and a great actress in the part. I guess to each his own.

Voting History: http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=26598711

Completely agree

I think she was pretty enough, especially when she cleaned up. She was a street punk, turned assassin, and I think if she had a softer look to her, she couldn't have pulled off the role with the realism that she did. I think she put out a stellar performance. She was perfectly cast for this role.

So very much agree! I hate when a fresh faced posh character is cast as having had a hard life. Rey from TFA is the perfect antithesis to Nikita's while beautiful hard life look.

I didn't like her looks before they made her up (and that DANCE of hers after she bit the martial arts teacher... no comment) After that I thought that she had a pretty face... but she's so freakin' scrawny! And she's somewhat tall (5' 6¼" (1.68 m)), so that makes her look even scrawnier. And yes, I realize that every woman's body is different, so don't murder me... it's just my opinion. I just prefer women with a little more meat on the bones, that's all.

Since when is 5' 6" tall, even for a woman?

In my opinion she was extremely pretty! She wasn't "hot" which is a different thing, I will give you that, but overall she was very FEMININE, which is something I liked a lot.

Parillaud was irresistibly cute as the vampire in "Innocent Blood." As someone else already said - the character of Nikita was a scrawny-ass street punk. The make-up and wardrobe departments did their job of making her look like one.

Hahaha.. "are you a german?".. what are you talking about??
Only SHE is the heart of this movie.. without her it would be jet another movie...

I think you might have missed the point of her part in this film. She wasnt meant to be a buxom beauty with perfect hair.. I dont know why some of you bother watching interesting films, when all you want is some naked bodies and a bit of sex!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I often ask myself the same question. Why even bother watching a movie like this if your overwhelming thought during the film is going to be "this actress isn't pretty enough"?

Movies I've seen in 2010: http://www.flixster.com/movie-list/2010-movies-6

The answer is simply: "No." Because She was perfectly cast. Not a good actress!? I'd like to see one of those so-called good actresses like Keira Knightley or *cough* Megan Fox *cough* in this role, just to see her struggle. The character of Nikita is complex, the situations she is in are complex and I think, during the movie, she had to go through the entire palette of human emotions, all of this through the very special anarchistic Nikita-POV.

But your comment about her hair makes me think I wrote that in vain because you are either trolling or not able to distinguish between an actress and the role she plays. She had messed up hair because the character of Nikita would have messed up hair.

Post deleted

I know this is completely off-topic, but why do you think that Keira Knightly isn't a good actress? Personally I think that she's decent at her very worst, and there are three or four movies that I thought she was outright excellent in. She's one of a handful of young actresses that I think have real talent.

Movies I've seen in 2010: http://www.flixster.com/movie-list/2010-movies-6

I have to agree now regarding Keira Knightly, I just happened to see the wrong movies. She was good in "The Hole" for example. By the time I wrote this I only knew her from flicks like Pirates of the Carribean and King Arthur but I realize know that she just didn't have anything to work with. I labelled her as just another pretty action-fu girl for movies that are nothing more than eye-candy.

Ah okay, makes sense. Was their a movie in particular that changed your mind?

i

just

lol

u

im just watching nikita on tv (for maybe the 4/6 times).
and anne is just so... perfect, she have the timing/the perfect anarchy look/the body expression/the depth/nikita is anne.

And you can have a really different advice on the movie and his director (and i perfectly understand why and why not u dont love it), but anne in this character ? just not and never.
And if another one love "hair well groomed" go check the useless remake with a good us-example of why u think u can do better than others.

at restaurant
"vous vous êtes fait des amis ?"
"moi je m'entends trés bien avec mon sourire !"

translate
"You made friends?"
"I get along very well with my smile!"

Maybe you watched Nikita (the series) before the movie, so you expected a very beautiful/stunning Nikita (beautiful in the Hollywood style).

Anne is perfect for this character, and I really couldn't imagine any other actress in this role. She is pretty, her hair and her looks were exactly what this character required, and no doubt about it, she is an incredible good actress.

The only thing that I agree with any other hater, is that she didn't look like a 20 years old. I just give you that.

No, actually, they couldn't have cast a better Nakita. Anne was perfect in this.

What about Bridget Fonda?

LOL

"YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!" - John McEnroe

Actually, she was great in this role and better than Bridget Fonda because she managed to make her character likable. Remember she is playing a strung out junkie and it does take a toll on your looks. It would have been odd if they did hire a fresh faced 20 year old actress to play the role.

The things you own end up owning you.

The film and the character was specifically written for Anne Parrilaud by Luc Besson. So without her there would probably have been no movie. As it is, I think she was perfect. Why comment on the hair... she starts off as a kind of vicious nihilistic 'cyber punk' and transforms / blossoms into a more cultured, humanist individual - her hair changes in line with that which was a simple yet important piece of film craft.

I think she was pretty good looking in parts. To be honest though, I found her character extremely irritating - the parts when she is acting unique and crazy just seem contrived, and her constant crying and hysterics just got more and more irritating as the film went on. I thought it might get good when Victor showed up. But then they killed him off after about 5 minutes. I'll stick to Leon in future I think :)

Agree with you, a little annoying and unrealistic character in several bits.

Is the OP serious or just dumb.

The actress who played nikita in this movie is hot as *beep*.

Post deleted

No, they couldn't have cast better Nikita.

And I cannot believe you just downgraded an actress for having messy hair.

---

No

No. What is wrong with you? Anne Parillaud was absolutely perfect. If she's not a good actress, then your mother is hot. She was so badass as Nikita.

she is just perfect and you don't know nothing about acting......beauty has many interpretations and she did look beautiful when she had to.

I thought she was beautiful in a unique way. Obviously she looked like a mess in the beginning because of the situation she was in. I don't think her character was supposed to be some drop dead gorgeous girl. I also thought her acting was really good. My only complaint is that she definitely looked older then 20-23 years old.

Drugs can age the *beep* out of you

This Show Was A Lot Funnier Before Kirstie Alley Ate Shelly Long

A raving beauty wouldn't be believable with all the violence she has to do to others in this film! She is an alley cat. That's why, for the first half of the movie, she literally LOOKS like an alley cat. Also, if they didn't get the right person, she would have been totally false and unbelievable. Believe me, they got exactly the right woman for this job ... I am certain.

No, they couldn't have cast a better Nikita. And she was in fact a great actress, one of the best performances I've seen in a while. And while she was cast as a drug addict and sociopath in the beginning, I thought she looked extremely attractive even then, with her hair being a mess and all...though I admit her "transformation" easily topped that.

That being said, true beauty came in the shape of 60-plus year old Jeanne Moreau.

--
Conversation like television set on honeymoon: unnecessary.

Who'd you expect? Blake Lively? LOL. She was pretty and made a "junkie turned assassin" flick miraculously believable. And her chemistry with the dude who played her mentor was amazing.

And her chemistry with the dude who played her mentor was amazing.
Agree with that.

Blake Lively? Well now that you mention it.

Nah! I was well and truly over her by the end of the film. At the beginning she was hard-nosed and understandably cynical.

But in the last half of the film she seems to go to the other emotional extreme spending more time snivelling and breaking down than just about any thing else.

To be quite honest I thought Bridget Fonda just reached a more consistent, emotional pitch in the remake.

I'm not a big fan of Parillaud's other roles, but she was really amazing in Nikita and I couldn't imagine any other actress playing that role.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted