Horror : OT: What is your level of education?

OT: What is your level of education?

Obviously you don't have to say if you don't want to, I understand. I have a law degree. It was pretty difficult but I am proud of it. So what level of education do you have?

I'm older. The hopes are gone, but I have certainties now.

Re: OT: What is your level of education?

MA economics and also BAs in English and film studies

"Let be be finale of seem/ The only emperor is the Emperor of Ice Cream"

Film studies would have been cool to do. What was it like?

How many years is it to get a degree in law in the USA? And do you actually work in that department now?

I have a degree in practical law (3 years), did work in a lawyer's office for 2 years. Upon reflection it was a terrible time. Law was never my main interest anyway. Now I'm working almost 8 years in the IT business as a test engineer. And guess how long my training was for that? 1 month. And it's something I would love to do the rest of my professional life.

No sense of humor-bad movie taste-female avatar-child at heart-hated by nolife troll and PROUD of it

No, I use to work in that sector. It was highly stressful for the most part so I got out of it after awhile. Only 1 month? That is amazing. That's it, it is about doing something you love.

B.A.

Well done, Masuka!

I have a master's degree in English, from a crap school.

That is impressive, did you at least enjoy doing it for the best part?

No, I didn't enjoy anything about college. I hated most of my professors and felt I wasn't learning anything. English is a useless degree unless you're going to be a teacher. I didn't make any friends or go to parties or have any women either. It was no fun at all. I wanted to major in biology but I wasn't good enough in math to make the requirements. I think I made a mistake going to college. I should've maybe gone to a technical school and learned some trade.

I am sorry to hear that, Yakko. I think it is a shame you couldn't study biology if that is what you wanted to do because from what I have seen I think you have a big interest in science.

I did spend a lot of time doing science stuff on my own. I worked on a few insect surveys and took care of the university's bug collection. I got paid for that, and to help teach entomology classes. In my spare time I built things like electrostatic generators, a theremin, a Tesla coil, zoetropes, and other antique physics stuff. I also did Kirlian photography and stained glass. Doing all that was the best part, but it also alienated me from people because they all thought I was weird and crazy. I was open about what I was doing because I thought professors would be impressed, but they didn't like it and caused me all kinds of trouble. They were convinced I was doing something illegal and that I was going to hurt someone, so I was harassed to the point of having to leave town.

I think I learned more doing stuff on my own than I ever did in school.

It is truly amazing that you built all that stuff! I couldn't! I guess people fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.

I think I learned more doing stuff on my own than I ever did in school.

I think with some people classes bore them and destroy potentially authentic creativity.

I was bored in school. I wasn't interested in any of the conventional subjects except science, and then only in certain aspects. I was interested in bugs and plants, and certain areas of physics and chemistry. But I think my main problem with school was that everyone started picking on me immediately, and everyone insisted there had to be something wrong with me because I was interested in things they thought were strange.

The kids I suppose can be excused for being young and stupid, but the teachers and other adults have no excuse, especially the college professors. With attitudes like that towards science and art and other legitimate subjects, they have no right being anywhere near a school or any kind of educational institution. I was really amazed to encounter that kind of thing in college. When I was growing up and being bullied by kids and teachers and cops just for being different I always figured it was just small-town BS, but I didn't expect to have the same experience in college.

I am sorry to hear that. That is where the educational system lets down people imo. Shocking!

I bet you like Dario Argento's Phenomena. It was weird but atmospheric and fascinating.

Yes, I did like that movie.

Good film!

I have a master's degree in English, from a crap school.
BINGO that is exactly the same as me.

My brother!

That is cool I can barely speak the language, let alone complete a master's degree on it

Heh, I like your use of the "scared emoticon" for your post. In fact, your English is excellent.

Ah, I like to read a lot and my legal studies have equipped me the necessary vocabulary but there is no possible way to foresee the odd foolish spelling error or the damn autocorrect!!

I know what you mean. I don't trust the "autocorrect" and even though it's usually right, I resent it barging into my tpying with that annoying red line. Like just now, for example.

What gets me hot under the collar is its attitude of patronizing superiority. Just imagine if it were not a software function, but in fact, a real person looking over your shoulder and correcting everything you type! I guess we would be in George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four then

"I have a law degree." But I just love hanging out with all the other retards on IMDB.

What? Who said anything about "retards"?

You didn't fully scrutinize my post… I was just implying I don't think you are being honest because you are most likely a *beep* retard. Based on your thread & imdb activity.

Klownz, what is it with you being - pardon my words - a major a**hole lately? Has some troll taken away your candy or what?

No sense of humor-bad movie taste-female avatar-child at heart-hated by nolife troll and PROUD of it

Just trolling… I do intend on stopping trolling soon but its like Pringles when you start you just can't stop.

In my defence is isn't just lately, I am prone to trolling (just really bad at it)

I think you'd be better off cutting it out.

You are probably right. I have had friends on here private message me before asking what the *beep* i am on about.

Yeah, the trolling problem is bad enough on the board without regulars adding to it. You are quite a knowledgeable and decent poster when you are not at that - I like your lists too. I actually liked you but there was no need for some of your comments on this thread.

Not being honest about what exactly? Why are you getting so mad? My activity is fine.

I have a BA in Psychology with cinema minor. Magna Cum Laude blah blah blah. Truth is one of my biggest regrets is not going for a masters.

I don't think you can beat Ronnie O'Sullivan. Pussy.

Psychology would be interesting to study I think. Did you like it? I was in the same boat as you but I ended up not going for the masters. I am sure I will regret it later.

You don't need a Masters to succeed in some areas but for Psychology you really need an MSW at least to open big doors. I currently love my work, I do weekend groups at a rehab/behavioral treatment program. Basically pep talks to heroin addicts and people who had attempted suicide 2 night before. I have my own little niche with playing guitar and singing a cover being a little part of each group.

You work sounds rewarding because you are really making a difference to peoples lives, helping people who are struggling. Back before I went to college I considered doing Psychology but I ultimately chose Law over it.

I left school age 12 (lucky me!). Later on I obtained a diploma in computer engineering in the late 90s but I haven't required any level of education for what I do (IT service manager).

Not a big academic, although if I were rich enough to not have to work I'd definitely head to university and get a PHD in Philosophy.

UNCOMPROMISING UNDERGROUND FILTH

I think it is genuinely commendable that you later obtained a diploma in computer engineering even if you didn't need it in your career. I wouldn't know the first thing about computer engineering! It is like a foreign language to me.

As it turns out it was more who I knew and what I knew than the piece of paper but I'd definitely NOT recommend that path to anyone. Definitely hit the books and get the technical qualifications.

I'm bored to tears with computers now days and have been for years, I'd rather work on cars or be a party planner or something. Some kind of alcohol-industry related job perhaps (Whisky salesman)…

I see. You have to really love computers to do that…

I know what you mean. Tell me about it. Listen, I would be like Nicolas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas..

I tried to make a drinking game for Leaving Las Vegas (first time viewing) and I think I got 20 minutes in and abandoned all hope. Great film.

Excellent film, really great…I think it might have been the last great film he was in imo…what a way to go if someone was so inclined.

I have a high school diploma and I'm enrolling in film school at Toronto international next year. Considering I'm only 20 years old I think I'm doing pretty alright I guess

You certainly are AND congratulations!!

I have a Bachelors in Literature & American Studies.

This place is the Horror Board. We are supposed to have anarchy here.

Well done! my wellread fellow horror boarder

I graduated with my BA in Mass Communications back in August of 2015.
My concentration was Broadcast / Video Production.

I loved my time in college, best years of my life. Also lots of the classes I took were a ton of fun (producing news reports that aired on local news, studio production, field production projects like music videos/chase scenes/documentaries).

I work now in television at HSN (Home Shopping Network) as a Production Technician. I work as a camera operator, graphics operator, production assistant on the floor, and I also assist directors photograph before-and-after model shots for beauty shows.

I've learned a lot working here the last 2 years. Hopefully will become an Assistant Director soon. In a few years I hope to see myself at a smaller video production company that shoots films.

That really does sound exciting! I bet those classes were fun! I think I should have done that instead, ha. By the sound of it you have a great career