Horror : Would you pay a monthly fee service to keep the message boards active?

Would you pay a monthly fee service to keep the message boards active?

I would easily pay a monthly fee to keep the message boards active beyond February 20th. To think how often I use the site to check out a movie or tv show, or actor, etc. I'd say 100's if not 1000's of times in a year. Would IMDB or Amazon (who owns it) keep the message boards active if it became a paid service and if so, would you guys pay? I would and probably quite a bit at that.

Re: Would you pay a monthly fee service to keep the message boards activ

I would, but of course there'd be a limit to how much. $1 a month sounds fair.

"You gotta punch the clock, why don't you punch Col Needham?"

Absolutely not. I'm already paying to be on the internet, and as far as I'm concerned that should include the usage of anything and everything that is on the internet, regardless of what it is, who runs it, where it comes from, or whatever.

Besides, it's bad enough I come here (and other places on the net) only to harassed, called gay, threatened, laughed at, and generally treated like crap. I'm sure not willing to pay to take crap from people I don't even know.

Re: Would you pay a monthly fee service to keep the message boards active?

I don't make a lot of money, so although I would be willing to pay for an IMDb with message boards, I ultimately wouldn't pay for the service.

I would be willing to pay if they actually monitored and moderated the forums properly. As it stands now, absolutely not.

^ That

a new vocation in life
my love with a knife

^And the other thing.

I collect dead pigeons then I press them between the pages of a book.

^ This indeed

No sense of humor-bad movie taste-female avatar-child at heart-hated by nolife troll and PROUD of it

No. The fee itself wouldn't be the issue, I just wouldn't be interested in a board that sits behind a paywall. One of the things I like about the IMDB boards is that they attract all kinds of people, from hardcore fans to "normies", and I doubt any of the latter would be willing to pay a monthly fee just for the privilege of voicing their opinion on a movie.

^^^ This

For better or worse, you never know what you're gonna get when you log onto IMDB. A pay service would weed out a LOT of different types of people and things would get rather dull pretty quickly.

'Remember when' is the lowest form of conversation. - Tony Soprano

No.