Horror : What a GUTLESS website.

What a GUTLESS website.

So instead of just fixing the boards and making them better they are just going to get rid of them completely? I guess it was only a matter of time as we know how little they have always cared about the message boards.

"No matter where you go, there you are."

Re: What a GUTLESS website.

They are doing a great job of ruining their business.

I'm older. The hopes are gone, but I have certainties now.

This right here! This site will be history within months of such a move! They're completely clueless.

If there is a Muslim ban, they can pretend they're Christians. You know, like Republicans do.

^THIS.

Why would I now take any advice from this site? The only way I know if a movie may truly be good is to look for the honest opinions and posts of other users who have a name I recognize. Otherwise IMDB is just full of fake/paid ratings and reviews.

If we can still log in, why would we?

People have been saying for years for imdb to banned troll who cause trouble and the spam bots who illegal movie link for good blocking their isp address

Lara Croft Himiko! The First Sun Queen! This is Yamatai.

They're their own worst enemy...traffic here will stop turning it into a ghost town.

They definitely won't be getting traffic from me without message boards.

I'll always remember getting together to double team Dorian at the Tusk board! LMFAO!

I'll probably go to the site from time to time to look up credits and things like that, but there's really no reason anymore to be a regular visitor to IMDB.

-Sitting on a cornflake waiting for the van to come

I have a letterboxd account so anything like that I will just go there.

I have been writing IMDb user reviews for over ten years, but the message boards were the engine that drives this website.

Without the MBS I will barely show up here at all. So stupid
--
https://brianscarecrow.blogspot.com

No doubts. The reasoning behind it is questionable. Just proves how poorly run this website is.

It has been a pleasure. Too bad this stupid website can't get their head out their ass

--

Likewise . I think we both started posting on this board around the same time and we both came over from the 'best and worst' board. Oh the memories.

Yes, agree wholeheartedly, totally gutless.

No sense of humor-bad movie taste-female avatar-child at heart-hated by nolife troll and PROUD of it

So, what are you going to do? Does this mean your days of internet socializing is coming to an end?

Well, Frank. Looks like another one of those long, hard ones --William Kerwin

Probably movie wise. I have other interests where I belong to internet groups.

You'll be missed, man.

I may show up on Trash Epics for October Challenge at least.

That'd be great.

Who?

Gonna miss you, Jimb

I collect dead pigeons then I press them between the pages of a book.

Yeah me too actually, so movie wise probably not much

Hey, look at that! She's not crazy, she's being chased by a cheetah!

Yep. They finally did it, jim. What a shame. Such a loss for movie fans and, indeed, movies themselves.

I suspect shady politics (concerning several issues) are behind this, with an end-goal of suppressing unwanted discussion. Easier to burn it all down, I guess...more effective too. It's not just IMDb either.

They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Agreed.

--
"Get the cheese to sickbay."

Agreed. This is a complete crock of *beep* They don't want to moderate the boards to make them better...so just get rid of them. Well fck this! I sure as hell won't be coming to this website. Why would I? Why would anyone?

If there is a Muslim ban, they can pretend they're Christians. You know, like Republicans do.

That's what it is. Laziness.
--

Stop sending a link to a closed group.

After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide.

Good fooking grief...I guess everyone needs their space safe, even on the internet...

This is truly a horrible decision...IMDb is leaking some serious stupid...

You idiots! These are not them. You've captured their stunt doubles!

This is the last paragraph of the full message, after clicking 'see more'

IMDb is passionately committed to providing innovative ways for our hundreds of millions of users to engage and communicate with one another. We will continue to enhance our current offerings and launch new features in 2017 and beyond that will help our customers communicate and express themselves in meaningful ways while leveraging emerging technologies and opportunities.

What a bunch of horses#it gobbledy****! 'Passionately commited'. How the hell are users supposed to communicate with each other on here once the boards are gone.

I don't know which sentence in that quore blows smoke up our asses more, the 1st or the 2nd one!

Thats just corporate speak

http://thehorrorboard.com/ unmoderated IMDB horrorboard replacement

Basically they are killing themselves.

Exactly

Lara Croft Himiko! The First Sun Queen! This is Yamatai.

I don't understand their reasoning. Would you throw your phone away because it needs to do an update? No. So why are they going to make things more stressful that they have to be?

Our songs will all be silenced, but what of it? Go on singing. -- Orson Welles

All the best jimb, as our paths may not cross again. Thanks for the craic & recommendations over the years.

Hey bay let's have a drink next week, I drive by your place the other day and thought to myself 'thank the *beep* i don't live there'
Could be the best thing you ever done, though full disclosure it could also be the worse thing you have ever done (ESP if you're a vampire)

http://thehorrorboard.com/ unmoderated IMDB horrorboard replacement

Agreed. What a bummer.

Take care, jimb!

DSY
The mansion has many rooms, and weirdness governs most of them.

Didn't you hear, the boards are useless. IMDb has a whole ten million users across two different social media platforms, who needs the 250 million users this site has that generate their free content when you've got four percent of that in two places combined?

This is the beginning of censorship, everybody!

"Oh... I'm not afraid."
-Pamela Voorhees

I'm gonna have absolutely no reason to come to this website anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z55W6ihUY-c
Moderators are terrorists.

The owner/head administrator of the site keeps saying that the majority of their customers don't even know the boards exist. Do you all believe this?

Even if that is true, I don't think if you take away even 25% of your business it is a good thing for any company. Just because it isn't the majority doesn't mean it isn't important.

No, and he's a pill anyway.
I reported a problem on Get satisfcation site once (as I thought we were supposed to) and he deleted my thread... twice. And when I questioned why his response was that "problems were not supposed to be reported on the get satisfaction site". and then he deleted the thread in which I asked that question as well.
I then PMed him here (and I'm talking about Col Needham btw) and asked where I should report IMDB site problems if not that site and was met with tumbleweeds.
He doesn't give a crap about the boards, obviously, and no amount of petitions or common sense reasoning will change that.

That's pretty sad. Pretty much shows this man is an idiot then. Getting rid of these boards is not going to be good for this site.

I'm pretty sure there is more he's not saying anyway. I think there's more to the story than the "majority of visitors don't know about the boards".

It's probably all about money.

But this site will die...it will. Too bad these words will be deleted...because I hope someone reminds him of this when it happens.

It's probably all about money.
Most certainly. Same as the rest of the world and it's killing humanity as a species.
You (we) lose all humanity and benevolence in the name of the almighty dollar, time and time again.

I collect dead pigeons then I press them between the pages of a book.

See, even smerd is getting brainwashed!

Are you referring to Kellyanne Needham's Alternative Facts?

Or are you referring to IMDB's last layout change that HID the "message board" link that was clearly and easily clicked on the right side?

What I posted comes directly from Col Needham's post.

He's an idiot businessman/website developer or whatever the hell he is...and he'll never admit that he IS wrong in the decision.

NO ONE will use this site.