The Exorcist : Question: Is The Exorcist a "Christmas" film ?

Question: Is The Exorcist a "Christmas" film ?

I know that the film does cover Halloween early in the film, but does the timeline involve any of the other holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas ?

just wondering out load...

also btw the Fox TV is the worst joke I've seen, The Exorcist meets Foul Play (1978) -- com'on please

The demon is a liar. It will mix lies with the truth to attack you..

Re: Question: Is The Exorcist a "Christmas" film ?

The Exorcist meets Foul Play (1978)

Damn! I totally get the reference...good one. (I couldn't think of the title of that movie...Chevy Chase, Goldie Hawn, and Billy Barty as The Dwarf...thank you!)

As for your topic: It's not easy. If we want to let the novel help us, the time line from the onset of the mysterious noises to Karras' leap from the window goes from Friday, April 1st to Sunday, May 15th. That's a little more than six weeks. Chris and Regan then pack up and leave Gorgetown six weeks later; so that takes us to the very end of June.

The film is obviously different, but let's say the six week/six week time frame still holds. That would mean: rappings in late October, Karras leaps from the window around mid-December; Chris and Regan leave Georgetown around the end of January. It would explain the coats that everyone is wearing as they say goodbye to Dyer.

So, Regan must've been recuperating around Christmas time. They probably had a quiet celebration, ordered some Chinese, etc...

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Lol.

---
"Make the instant eternal! TIME STOP!"

From Tubular Bells to Jingle Bells...

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

It was filmed at least partially in the Christmas season - you can see a Christmas sign on a building on the right side of the screen as the camera slowly moves in on the MacNeil house when "Georgetown" title card is shown...