My Wife and Kids : Is This The Worst Sitcom Ever Made!!!!

Is This The Worst Sitcom Ever Made!!!!

This show is apalling. Only people who have an intellectual disability would find it funny. Fortunately there are many people like this in the community, allowing the show to run for 5 years.

Damon Wayans relies on obvious and superficial premises for his comedy. Repeatedly he uses the same premise for a joke over and over again. These are the lame premises that he repeatedly uses…

PREMISE 1) He views his son as stupid. He calls him stupid and egg head. This is his best gag. What a gifted comedian.

PREMISE 2) Men like sex. Often they run gags which center on the premise that men like sex and will do stupid things to get it, like go to the opera. This is *beep* and not funny. Women like sex too. SOmehow this idea is supposed to be funny. It can be funny when done by talented comedy actors eg "Everybody Loves Raymond". Unfortunately Damon Wayans is an untalented douche bag and the comedy fails to materialize.

OTHER PREMISES - There are some other cliched premises used in this lame show. Can you add some? I have already spent 7 minutes thinking about this show and I need to vomit in a bucket now, so please add yours.

Re: Is This The Worst Sitcom Ever Made!!!!

Total disagreement,I'm sorry you feel that way and had to express
your dislike in such a manner. So why try to ruin the fun for the
fans of the show? I don't understand people like you who seems to
love bad mouthing about a certain show which actually has fans. Is it pleasureable? Is it one of your pet peeves? Or are you just in it
for attention? Again,I feel sorry that you feel that way but if you
dislike the show,leave it be for the 'intellectually disabled' to
have a good time enjoying it. If it annoys you to the extent,why
bother watching it?

I agree with you and i would still agree with you if i didnt like the show, but i do anyways. Julz is Here youre a douch bag.

if u don't like the show, then why type in 'my wife and kids'. just out of curiosity.

Haha, good point!
Oh yeah, and 'Everybody Loves Raymond' suck big time

i always think that when people come on these sites its lke wt is the point!!

Julz is here you are not going to get the response you were looking for on a my wife and kids page!!! And you were the one questioning people's intelligence?!?!

PS. I love the show Jay is SO funny

WHAT'S THE POINT SLAGGING OFF CELEBRITIES WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THEM!

Well the guy has every right to express his opinion on the show. Here or anywhere. We may not agree with what he said but it what he feels. Some of the stuff I agree with, some I dont. I lost track of the show after the baby cause frankly it did get stupid and over the top. I recently downloaded season 5 and in watching I was thinking the originality is gone and Jr plays too much of an idiot and the little boy next door is being over the top smart. Its like they beat it into the ground once they realized people were catching on and enjoying the show. Which is probably part of the reason the ratings dropped and it got canceled. BUT it was not the worst show as I personally loved it early on.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

i personally disagree with the starter. I enjoyed the show. But one thing I have to say is that kady was a little to grown up for here age.

because you wanted to look at its stats. its not IMDB is a FAN SITE. people can voice their opinions. just because someone doesnt like a show doesnt mean they shouldnt be here.

Build a bridge, someone has a different opinion to yours!

p.s the show is un-funny. But, there are many U.S sitcoms like that.

I totaly agree with julz is here, this show is really lame. Every gag is predictable, and so ist the story you know exatly how the episode ends after seeing 3minutes of it. And by the way, why are you complaining that he hates the show if you dont know this site is for rating of TV/FILM and this means that critizicising is allowed, if you just whant to hear how much someone loves the show go on a Fansite!!!!

Other points of the show that suck:
-the worst acting i have seen in a Sitcom of every Character. Everybody is extremly overacting an example of perfect acting is King of queens they are so good that you actually believe they are married in real life.
-bad timing in release the gags
-the same gags over and over again: the wife says allways than you dont get sex…
and no ist not a runnig gag its just lame
or Michael says that Junior ist supid and has a big heah
the gags about Michael are 50% that he ist bald
the gags about his wife is that she has a fat butt
and the show is not so bad that it gets good no its just not funny, i watched a lot of episodes of it and i didnt laugh just once.
Dont get me wrong I love Sitcoms i have seen a lot of Sitcoms and they were all better King of queens, how i met your mother, Scrubs, even Two and half man ist funnier…
I cant recommend anyone watching this show.

Post deleted

Post deleted

I'm with you on the same gags but overall it is in my top 5 list for favorite shows. My favorite things about the show is Ah Nah, Junior's comments, and Claire falling down the stairs. I wonder if Noah Gary Cabey(Franklin) acts the way he was portrayed on the show in real life.

oh and eh Julz_Is_Here ,
Shut the *beep* up.
The show is a bit repetitive and I dont like the kid next door but some of it is absolute genious. Fave ep by far (and one of my favourite comedic moments ever at that) is the episode where Micheal goes to the gym.

the fool who said evereybody loves raymond suck, can go jump in a volcano, that was the stupidest thing i have ever heard, that show is one of the biggest comedys!!!!!!, and one of my favorites, along wit my wife and kids

You know whats the worst thing ever made? This website, is mainly about how people hate the movies, persons, shows. A loooooooooooooooooot of haters in every subject, in every good thing, and almost all the shows are extremely underrated. Who is tired to hear jerks like the poster of the thread in this website?
And of course, in so many shows, theres always an as*hole saying that its the "worst show ever".
This show is awesome and extremely funny, so as Damon Wayans.

julz is Here, I think you have been outnumbered and I'm glad for that. You seem to be the only person in the universe that thinks My Wife and Kids is a bunch of crap. I don't though. All of the cast is funny and this show is very good. I think you must be seriously boring if you don't like this show.

A day without laughter is a day wasted.

haha this show is hilarious. and i'm a very educated young lady, i just don't like capital letters.

lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby lobby

This is an open forum so therefore Julz can say what he wants. The show was okay. Not the funniest tv show in the world but cool.

I second the OP's comment, this show wasn't funny and relied on very tired jokes and went from remotely decent to just down right horrific. I'll just stick with the Fresh Prince, Everybody Hates Chris and Friends.

I'm havin a bad day! I'm sick of people tryin ta shoot me, run me over or blow me up- Harley Quinn

Post deleted

Post deleted

Honestly, I thought the worst sitcom ever made was "Unhappily Ever After," a straight ripoff of "Married With Children."

hey people if you dont like the show. dont come to the damn page and complain about it. go to a show you like and love it. i am here cause i like the show. if you dont like it, screw off and go watch somethin else.

Goody, you like it! Now get off the internet and watch some TV!

This show was interesting but it got to stupid and how they made the Son act like a complete *beep* it wasn't funny,and the daughter was stupid as well.

And everybody loves Raymond is corny as well.Everyone is Funny,But Raymond isn't

Damon Wayons was the only reason why I didn't like this show…everyone else was funny but Damon..he is not funny at all.

All I got to say is watch the 1st season, you'll be eating your words. I'll admit the show fell of by the 3 and 4th season and never recovered, but this certainly isn't the worst sitcom ever made.

I rate this sitcom between Family Matters and the Cosby Show.

http://www.acewar.com">http://www.acewar.com Check it out!

Just so you know

'Is This The Worst Sitcom Ever Made!!!!'

If thats a statement, which the exclaimation marks suggest, the first two words are in the wrong order. If its a question, it should be question marks, not exclaimation marks.

Its just you seem very superior so I thought youd like to know…

And also, it seems like youve watched a hell of a lot of the show, considering you hate it so much.

Yes there are ongoing jokes, but there are also other gags, this is something the show has in common with many other comedies…

Worst, sitcom, ever…behind Everybody Loves Raymond.

Are you kidding me? This show is HILARIOUS! Junior reminds me so much of my best friend's brother it's not even funny. It wasn't as good in the later 2 seasons as in the beginning but it is still great. Everyone is going to hate me for what I'm about to say next, but- I used to (emphasis on the "used to") think that Raymond was a terrible show and my whole family was obsessed with it. But after watching it for a while, the show has grown on me and I enjoy watching the occasional rerun. There I said it, I thought Raymond sucked, you may stone me to death now for blasphemy.

I think its a good show but if you don't then thats your business I guess

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but yours is wronger then a monkey riding a lawn mower! - Billy Ray Cyrus

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Everybody Loves Raymond https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/data.filmboards/images/emoticons/eyes.GIF" alt="eyes.gif"> https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/data.filmboards/images/emoticons/laugh.GIF" alt="laugh.gif">

Post deleted

This show is pretty lame, but not the worst ever.

Premise (found in most of these lame sitcoms): The husband is stupid.

I think it's funny that Julz states the same jokes are used over and over. If you didn't like it then why were you watching it over and over? Hmmm? :) I like it. It's just fun and goofy and silly and I think that is exactly what it was intended to be.

Post deleted

I love this show. It's light hearted fun and I can accept it as such. It's not as well written as Frasier or the office but it has it's charms. I like the rap battle episode with Michael's nemesis Bobby Shaw and Junior's girlfriend's huge father. I forget his name though. Jay and Michael have real chemistry in the show and you can almost imagine them as a real couple.

This was horrible!! The next time Damon Wayons does a show, please don't let have a family.

This show wasn't that good, but it was a bit better then some of the S H I T we have on TV now. "George Lopez Show" was better than this!

Post deleted

You seem surprised by sitcoms being formulaic. And, you seem to have watched the show an awful lot to have hated it so much. And, you seem to be a very angry human being.

Are you all stupid? This isn't a fanboard…it's a discussion board, meaning that both fans and people who hate the show are allowed to discuss their opinions on the show here

I think a better question then why the OP started this topic is why all of these fans are bothering replying to him

Member of IMDB for 4 years! (12-17-09)

Post deleted