Rampart : most corrupt cop on screen?

most corrupt cop on screen?

although he was dirty, it seemed like their were worse movie officers.

Denzel threatens teens with guns, robs and murders his forming training officer, and tries to have a rookie killed. drinks on the job and tortures a suspect fora confession.

In the opening minutes of Street kings, Keanu Reeves has gotten drunk on the job, illegally raided a house, Murders 4 people, Plants drugs and guns and lies during the investigation.

I think woody is good in hear, and there are some good moments, but nothing really stood out.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: most corrupt cop on screen?

It's just a tagline.

"He's badass…..but you've seen worse!" Is hardly going to get the cash registers tinging.

Post deleted

Bad Lieutenant surely rates a mention.

I believe Ferrara's Lieutenant and The Shield's Shane Vendrell were far more corrupt.

id go with Bad Lieutenant too, both versions, but L.A confidential and Cop Land deserve a mention

cop land, great dirty cop flick.

I saw the Werner Herzog Bad Lt. but never Abel Ferrera's. IS it worth watching.

They're both pretty great. If you enjoyed one you'd likely enjoy the other.

Ray Liotta in Narc deserves a mention as well.

i need to watch that again.

It's got a great opening pursuit on foot.

Harvey Keitel in bad lieutenant for me.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/data.filmboards/images/emoticons/evil2.GIF" alt="evil2.gif">I have tiny cells in my basement where I keep all the neighborhoods childrenhttps://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/data.filmboards/images/emoticons/evil2.GIF" alt="evil2.gif">

Matt Damon's Colin Sullivan from The Departed was also especially crooked since he was apparently bought and paid for even before he set foot in the academy and he killed a cop.

spoilers..

Well. SPOILERZONE: Even if we ignore the serial rapist he supposedly executed back in the olden days… He drank on the job. He murdered an unarmed poker player and stole his money. He left his fathers best friend out on the beach to die of a heart attack. He smacked a homeless guy in a wheelchair with his car door. He entered a womans home without permission, drank her booze, and swam in her pool while it was raining. After sex with a woman he just met, he smoked a cigarette with a pillow over his head ( potentially dangerous fire hazard) so he wouldnt have to snuggle. So maybe not the MOST corrupt cop ever seen on screen, but not a good cop either.

"Pffft, my suspension of disbelief has higher standards than that"

Re: spoilers..

He is a dirty cop, but he certainly is the LESS corrupt dirty cop I've ever seen on a screen. This guy is just ajoke, and the movie is just a mess.

They really wanted to trick the audience from The Shield into watching this. I wonder how much it would have made if they gave it a more appropriate name and didn't advertise it as a Vic Mackey type cop going crazy on the big screen.

Richard Gere in Internal Affairs was pretty dirty…

Post deleted

Post deleted