That '80s Show : You needed to be on drugs to live in the 80s.

You needed to be on drugs to live in the 80s.

You definitely needed it to watch a show about the 80s.One of the worst decades. AIDS,war on drugs beginning and so forth.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

Re: You needed to be on drugs to live in the 80s.

What are you talking about, 80s was better generation then todays bull *beep* today music and tv shows is crap. I was a teen in the 80s had the best time of my life.

The 80's bastards ruined it for the rest of us.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

Of course you did because you could do drugs without going to jail for years like today.

I remember the 80s as a kid, had a great time! Casey Casem (spelling his name right?), mtv when it played music videos, Regan, Transformers (when they were cool), Atari and Nintendo, Small Wonder, Freddy, new wave, Adam Curry, Rick Dees and the weekely top 40... I could go on!,

Of course I am talking about the pop culture side of things from a kids point of view.

bullsht, awesome decade

Here here!

Definitely an awesome decade, but was the start of the end for the American middle class, as well the ramping up of the disasterous drug war (which also spirals off into the rapid increase of illegal immigration, to get out of a country now taken over by wealthy drug lords, etc.) Not to mention that's when the moral authority really became the main stream, and have been ever since. A good decade in film, somewhat in music, for pop culture, etc. But in terms of politics, one of the worst in American history.

The eighties were great. Anybody who says otherwise obviously never lived during them and is an idiot...