What's Happening!! : OJ reference???

OJ reference???

I seem to remember an episode, I think it was the Doobie Brothers episode, the scene involved Shirley talking about hurrying to go buy the tickets to the concert with the phrse " hurrying like OJ Simpson at the airport" Does anyone remember this?

Re: OJ reference???

Not me, I remember Dee calling Rerun OJ Simple when he was on the football team.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Well, remember, Simpson at the time was a huge football star for Buffalo.

I just watched that episode. laugh.gif

love1.gif I'll always love you,Vic Morrow love1.gif

I haven't seen that in years. It might've been a reference to the commercials Simpson did in the 70's for Hertz where he was always running through airports.

I am sure she did. OJ was the 1970's

Less is poor

Yes, I remember that. Shirley was my favorite character on the show, and I remember some of her best moments very well. The background behind that line was that at the time O.J. Simpson was in a series of commercials for Hertz Rent a Car, the most famous of which had him wearing a suit and tie while running through the airport. They were on TV often enough that pretty much everybody at the time associated O.J. Simpson with Hertz Rent a Car (and Tree Sweet Orange Juice, but that's another story.) Rest easy pantherfan; your memory is true.

Hertz also had commercials featuring O.J. Simpson flying through an airport. I thought that was really stupid even by TV standards. If he could fly why would he need to rent a car?

The flying was to depict how fast Hertz's service was.

What's sad is that that was all just an image. In real life, Simpson was a scumbucket who is now rotting behind bars.