Kill Bill: Vol. 1 : Thurman and Liu deserved Oscar nominations

Thurman and Liu deserved Oscar nominations

For Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress.

At least the Golden Globes and BAFTA recognized Uma Thurman

Re: Thurman and Liu deserved Oscar nominations

You must mean Razzies.

Lol

"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie." BOB DYLAN

Oh Good Grief!

Agreed,

specifically for the "if any of you sons a bitches got anything else to say, nows the *beep* time!" scene.

Love it.

That's what I was also thinking. Clearly some of the most cringeworthy lines I've ever heard. The movie should have got at least ten razzies for that scene alone.

I really appreciated how Tarantino made the assassins stand out despite not having that much screen time.

Vernita had a small scene at the start, but it was memorable. Then O Ren we had some backstory, then we saw Lucy Liu's great acting as someone to be feared.

Movies like this rarely get attention because of their outrageous plot devices. He had to wait 15 years between Pulp and Django to see a nomination. His stuff has been conveniently overlooked until finally the academy recognizes that the world loves his stuff.

Kay: Senators and presidents don't have men killed.
Michael: Oh, who's being naive, Kay?

They didn't finally recognize what the world loves. The bar has been significantly lowered and there is less competition for oscars. Now bad movies/performers get nominated. It might as well be the teen choice awards now.

The bar has been significantly lowered and there is less competition for oscars. Now bad movies/performers get nominated. It might as well be the teen choice awards now.

Exactly!

Complete agreement. This to this day is the best thing that either actress has done in their careers.

If this is their best I shudder to think of what could be their worst.

They did but the movie itself wasn't Academy material. Had it been released today it probably would have been in consideration.

I think that they were both Fantastic in the Movie.