The Mystery of Natalie Wood : Resemblence

Resemblence

I thought that Justine Waddell looked almost exactly like Natalie's daughter, Natasha Gregson Wagner. My husband (who is usually oblivious to everything) mentioned that he thought it was weird that Natalie's daughter would be playing the role of Natalie. He was shocked to find out that it wasn't Natasha. The similarities were eerie, especially Justine's eyes and lips to Natasha's.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Resemblence

I totally agree. I thought it was amazing how much Wadell looked like Natasha. I wonder if they asked Natasha Gregson Wagner to play the part but she turned it down. I'm not sure but I don't think she endorses any of the books written about her mother.

Resemblence

No one from the family has endorsed any of the recent books about Natalie except for her sister Lana. I would have loved to see Natasha play her mother, but obviously I think it would definately be hard. I know after Natalie died Natasha had a very hard time with it. If you remember the scene from the movie where Natasha was begging her Mom not to go, from the best I can remember that is pretty accurate to everything that I have read. I feel like Lana Wood has always tried to capitalize on her Natalie and her death. She was an actress too but never reached the plateaus that Natalie did I think there is definately jealousy from Lana, which it must be hard to live in the shadow of such an ingeune.

Resemblence

I totally agree!!! I saw Justine in the A&E movie "Tess Of The D'Urbervilles" and I thought that she was Natasha, too!!!! She does bear a strong resemblence to Natalie's eldest daughter, and Natalie herself. The eyes, hair, face shape and lips were extremely similar, although some of the actors didn't resemble the real people i.e. Joan Collins, Marilyn Monroe (at least not in her last scene), and even Mud!!!! Great movie all around though!!! May Natalie's beautiful spirit rest in eternal peace!!!!!

Resemblence

I thought she looked like Natasha, too. The only time I thought she looked like Natalie was when she was lying on the bed crying when she was upset about Marilyn Monroe dying.

Post deleted

Resemblence

I also agree about Justine resembling Natasha and doing an excellent job at portraying Natalie. Even if they had asked Natasha to do the role, I think there would have been parts of the film that might have been too traumatic for her to act out e.g. I don't think many people would want to re-enact how their mother may have drowned.

Post deleted

Resemblence

I very much doubt it. Especially as it's based largely on the Finstadt bio!

I can't imagine them deliberately setting out to watch it, especially the scenes portraying Natalie's death.

Joanne