Working Girl : Tess' crappy office?

Tess' crappy office?

Did anyone else expect Tess to end up with an office like the one Catherine had?
I expected something much bigger and more beautiful than the tiny little office she ends up with at the end!

Re: Tess' crappy office?

Well, Trask told her she would have to start at the bottom.. That office looked pretty nice to me for someone at the bottom

Well, Trask told her she would have to start at the bottom.. That office looked pretty nice to me for someone at the bottom

Im a well-seasoned professional and Id be perfectly happy with that office. Thrilled, even. Simply having a private office is blessing enough I hate cubicles but a window with a view would be the icing on the cake.

Hey, those offices get COLD, with all the suits always turning down the heat. A smaller office can be warmed up with a little space heater.

Just saying.

Tess's office at the end was perfectly appropriate for an entry-level person who actually gets to have a private secretary.

Having a private secretary was more of a luxury than getting a small office, but the small office was nice for her level.

When I first had seen the movie, I did think it was a little dinky. But considering real life scenarios I don't think it's too bad.

I'm a season executive and I still don't have a private plush office. 1) I favor the open office model better so people can communicate better, and 2)I personally don't see blowing money on plushness (especially when technically as an owner it comes directly out of my pocket). It's different when you have to foot the bill.

But I'm not a fan of cubicles either, I think they're germy and degrading.

One of the points of the movie was how hard Tess had to work to get her foot in the door. That small office represents her getting her foot in the door. Now that she is in a position where she is supposed to offer opinions, she will have the opportunity to earn that big office. As a secretary, she was invisible.

This positively infantile preoccupation with bosoms!Terry-Thomas about US 1963.Hasnt changed much!

It was a big step up from the cubicle jungle she was in before. Getting an actual office with a door is white collar territory. She crossed over from office staff to executive. Like the others said, Trask offered her an entry level exec job. From then on, she has to fight neck in neck with the Harvard grads to get the corner office.